10

Tyler woke up with a groan, getting out of bed grudgingly, voicing his protests aloud to an empty room before getting ready and heading to his first class.

That had been hours ago.

Right now he was leaning against a wall, phone in his hand, debating what he should do. He wanted to see Josh, he hadn't seen him in, well, since last week. Once they got back to campus, Brendon ushered the pink haired boy away from him claiming they needed 'bonding time' and he hadn't seen either of them since.

It should have been a little unsettling, considering they lived right next to each other, but Tyler trusted the two of them. Sometimes. Alright, Tyler trusted Josh and tried to learn to accept how Brendon was. Is. Whatever. The point is he tried, and that's all that matters.

He doesn't realize he's typing Josh a message until the you busy?  text is sent. He groans for what feels like the millionth time and pushes off the wall and starts walking aimlessly around his campus.

His phone vibrates in his hand and he wills himself to slow down his heartbeat, taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly. It was embarrassing how nervous he got sending the first message after a week of no contact.

yeah

Tyler tilts his head and glances up to make sure he won't bump into anyone before starting to write a reply.

Oh

haha it's cool

ah nice! well have fun

Tyler furrows his eyebrows, erasing each message and glancing up again. He shouldn't be panicking about this. He shouldn't because realistically Josh was in class or something, but here he is either way overthinking this and all his mind concluded was that Josh was tired of him and wanted nothing to do with him anymore. The thought shouldn't hurt and make his heart ache because it was a long shot, but Tyler still frowns down at his stupid phone.

Stupid Josh with his stupid pink hair and his stupid smile that made him want to smile too and his stupid jokes and making him have these stupid feelings and well.

Tyler stopped his train of thought there. In fact he stopped walking altogether, hands dropping by his sides as he realizes what he'd just said. In his head.

He didn't have feelings, he just thought it in the moment. His phone vibrates again and he looks at it before cracking a smile and continuing his walk with a roll of his eyes.

did u die? I saw u typing

yeah

sucks

actually hey I'm talking to a ghost that's pt sick

are u like a force ghost

a what

dude. star wars.

riiiiight

what are you up to anyway

Tyler holds himself back from typing out that dumb I miss you his mind keeps repeating and embarrassing himself even more.

I'm in the lib if u must know

I'm a good student sometimes

Tyler's eyebrows shoot up and he bites his lip to stop himself from laughing out loud.

I can feel u laughing u jackass

im not!!!

alright maybe a little