Chapter 16

Trevor's POV-

"Why do you have a gun?" I asked, looking at the black object.

"I just uh, use it for protection." He was lying.

"No you don't." I whispered. "Why do you have a gun?"

"I told you." He didn't look at me once.

"Look at me!" I cried out, holding the gun in my hands. He looked up at me with sad eyes.

"Why?" I whispered. I put the gun back in the bag and set the bag down. I sat on the chair and brought my knees up to my chest. Memories came back, ones I tried to forget.

~Flashback~

"Faggot. Ugly. Talentless. Annoying." I repeated these things as I wrote them down on the paper. "You should just kill yourself."

I finished writing the note and grabbed the gun on my desk. I slowly lifted it, pain in every part of my body. I brought it to my head as I heard the door slam.

"I'm ho-" I dropped the gun and it went off, shooting a hole in the roof. Mom shouldn't be home! She should be out! No!

I got onto my knees and cried as mom came running up the stairs. She opened the door and saw me, the gun, and the neatly folded letter.

We left the town soon after.

And I changed completely.

~End of Flashback~

"Don't leave me." I whispered as I softly cried into my arms.