Chapter 14

Darren's POV-

Why was he crying? We barely knew each other, why did he care?

"Why didn't your parents ever show up?" Trevor asked. My heart dropped. He didn't know.

"I uh... it's nothing." I said. Great, that just means he'll keep pressuring me even more!

"No it's something! No parent would let their kid suffer in the hospital, dying, and everything be okay!" My eyes brimmed with tears.

"Leave it alone."

"No! What type of parents are they?"

"Not all of us are lucky enough to still have parents you know." I lowered my head and I heard Trevor gasp.

"Wh-what?" He grabbed my arm. I winced from the pain, and he pulled back.

"You heard me." I muttered. I looked up and saw tears in his eyes.

"I'm so sor-"

"Don't be. It's my fault they died, no one else's." He became silent again and I laid my head back on the pillow.

"How do you live?" Trevor said after a moment of silence.

"Aunt. She sends me money, she doesn't have the nerve to actually visit me." I sighed and closed my eyes. Soon I fell asleep.

Trevor's POV-

How did he deal with this? I felt so bad, I never knew!

"Darren?" I whispered out. No answer. What? No, no, no.

"Nurse!" I screamed. No, he couldn't have died! I grabbed his arm and he didn't flinch...

A nurse came in and examined Darren.

"He's very weak. He's not dead, I'm sure of that." I let out a sigh and laid my head on his chest.

Please get better soon.