Chapter 5

Darren's POV-

If I didn't know better, I saw that new kid getting into a car with his mom. I shook my head and got into my car, throwing my bag into the back. I was tired, couldn't it be Friday? It was Thursday, school starting on a Thursday is just idiotic- give us the rest of the week off!

I got home in my car and grabbed my bag again, throwing it onto the couch as I walked in.

"I'm home," I muttered, knowing no one would be there. It was tradition.

~Flashback~

"I'm home!" I yelled. I shut the door and heard no reply. Where were my parents? They should be here. I looked around and didn't find a note anywhere. I shrugged, they had to be back soon.

An hour later I got a phone call.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Yes, are you... Darren Truman?" I was confused, I didn't know this person.

"Uh, yes?" I replied.

"This is the Nathan Littauer Hospital, you're father and mother are here." My heart clenched with fear. What happened?

"I- uh- what happened?" I said, trying not to have an outbreak of tears.

"They got into a car crash. It seemed like they were shopping for a teenager because they had many teenage clothing. It may be best for you to come visit them." Clothing for... me?

My birthday was tomorrow. They were shopping for me.

I visited the hospital and stayed with them all night long. When I woke up, it was 8:00. The doctor walked in a few minutes later.

"I'm sorry, they didn't make it."

~End of Flashback~

Sorry it's so short, I just wanted you guys to know what happened to Darren. I'll update tomorrow around the same time as this update. Bye