Chapter 7

Darren's POV-

"Faggot!" Jake yelled. I ignored him. He grabbed my shoulder and made me look at him.

"The new kid's mine. Stay away." I rolled my eyes.

"And I'm the gay one." Wrong thing to say, why did I do that??

"Wanna say that again?" He got closer to my face.

"Yeah. You're. Fucking. Gay." Oh shit, okay I'm dead.

Just as he was about to smack me, I closed my eyes and waited for the first blow. I felt a pain in my lip and felt a liquid dripping down my chin.

"You idiot! There's a difference between gay and bi!" Ugh, I'm not gay, I'm bi! Again I awaited the blow, but all I heard was a small voice.

"Please don't hit him." I looked and saw that new kid holding Jake's arm, stopping him from punching me. Jake looked pretty mad but he walked away, still clearly angry.

"I can bring you to the nurse if you want." He looked a little sad. I felt bad. He looked so cute like... No!

He walked next to me as we walked through the hall. He looked so small.

"You act as if you were the one who got hit." I said. He looked up at me.

"No! No, I just hate it when people get hurt." I nodded.

The nurse told me to lay down with an ice pack on my lip. New kid took a seat next to me.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Trevor! I'm uh... a banana!" He started giggling.

I smiled at his failed attempt to lighten the mood.

"Tell me about you!" He exclaimed. I groaned. I never talk to people. I've never been good at socializing.

"There isn't much to me." I groaned, my lip still hurt from being split.

"I don't know! Well, do you have a Tumblr? Because you're sexy enough to be a Tumblr boy." He clasped his hands over his mouth and blushed so hard. I quietly chuckled.

"Bad mind! Don't be saying things like that!" He whispered. He probably didn't mean for me to hear it, but I did.

How could I keep my distance away from this boy?