London

I woke up the next morning and headed straight to Emma's I knew exactly what I was going to say. I was going to tell her that I love her and I can't live without her. When I got there I saw Ingrid pilling the kids into the car and I smiled as they drove off. I then got out of my car and made my way to the door. I knocked and waited for Emma to open it. Soon Emma came rushing to the door and barely even looked at me before she hurried back to the phone with Emilie in her other hand. She then picked up the phone and handed me Emilie and went into the kitchen. I sat down on the couch and played with Emilie until Emma walked into the living room.

"Hey sorry I had to take that call."

"No biggie."

"Cool anyways I have something to tell you."

"I have something to tell you too."

"Okay but can I go first."

"Seeing as you look like you are going to explode if you don't tell me then go ahead."

"I got a job!"

"Emma you already have a job."

"I know but this is a better job and the pay is better."

"Well I'm happy for you."

"Thanks I have to get packing."

"Packing?"

"Yeah the job is in London."

"Are you fucking serious?"

"Yeah isn't this great!"

"No!"

"Regina I thought you would be happy for me?"

"London what about the kids?"

"Yeah I think it would be better if they stayed with you even though we have joint custody and all but them switching schools would be too much for them. So I could visit and come on holidays and weekends."

"So you already took the job?"

"Yes Regina I thought for once this could be something that I do for me."

"What about me?"

"Regina its not alway about you!"

"Well in this case it is."

"No its not."

"So you think that you can move half way across the country and I would be fine with it!"

"Yeah you should be we are not together and the kids will be okay and Jade can help out and-"

"What about the other night?"

"Regina we were drunk."

"So that meant nothing to you?"

"Regina don't you see I want something and i'm going after it. Can you just be happy for me for once?"

"Fuck you!"

"What?"

Before I could start arguing with Emma again I got up off the couch with Emilie in my arms and made my way to the door. I walked out and put Emilie in the car and drove off. As I did so Emma didn't chase after me, she didn't even call or text. I arrived home and put Emilie down for a nap and waited for a call or text or anything from Emma but I got nothing. It was around eight when I saw Emma's car pull into the driveway. I opened the door and then the kids ran up to the porch and tackled me with hugs and kisses. They all went into the house and Emma came up to the porch.

"Gina we need to talk."

"Yeah we do."

We walked in and went into the bedroom and sat on the bed. 

"Olivia's dad called me."

"What?"

"He wants to see her."

"Why?"

"Because he didn't know he was her father until yesterday."

"You didn't tell him?"

"No I didn't tell anyone."

"Well when is he coming?"

"Tonight."

"How long is she going to be gone? Does she know?"

"Regina everything was already discussed and arranged-"

"Without me."

"Regina i'm sorry."

"I'm sure you are."

"Well I think its best that I go."

"When do you leave for the job?"

"Tomorrow."

"Oh."

'I know its last minute and its just they need me there for the case and -"

"Emma I get it."

"What?"

"Emma go."

"You're not mad."

"No this is what you want and i'm going to support you."

"Thank you."

Emma gave me a hug and I hugged her back. I smelled her hair and held back my tears as she started to pull away. I was so fucking pissed that she choose this job over me but I guess it is for the best. I walked Emma to the door and the kids said their goodbyes and Emma gave me one more hug. She got into her car and left and I knew I should have told her that I loved her...

What If I just ended the story here?