"No. I am not that tired. Ever." He lifted his head. "Spend the day with me. We can do whatever you want to do."

"Whatever I want to do?" She teased, but he only nodded in promise.

"There is an idea I've been toying with. I don't know how much you'll like it."

"As long as I am with you."

"Mel is going with Macie to the ranch so I'm free. I don't know how great of a date it will be, but it would mean a lot to me. You could take a nap first while I run home and shower."

"Nope. You belong to me for the entire day."

"How can a girl say no to that? Take me home, big guy."

Jess gave him a quick kiss then pushed him towards her bed. "Lay down."

As tired as he looked, he never dozed. He was watching her when she went into the bathroom and he was waiting for her when she came out.

She had tried her hardest to find a swimsuit with no such luck. People didn't pack a swimsuit for the end of the world. She did find a very short, very mini skirt. From Hayley. Thank God, the girl had her skanky days. Add a pink tank top and she was set.

Grinning Kell's way, she went to her vanity and started brushing her hair into a quick ponytail.

"Hey babe, heard the shower. Are you______?" Seeing she had company, Julian started backing back out the door. "Oops. Sorry. Old habits."

"Hey, Julian? I'm going out so if you need me, you'll have to use Dez."

"I'll hold down the fort." He pulled the door closed at Kellum's dark frown.

Jess shoved her feet into her white converse and decided not to mention it this once. She guessed a few dark frowns was a small price to pay after what he had found out.

Once she was ready, she faced him. "It is a little bit shorter than I'm use to but no big deal."

"I disagree."

"I knew you would."

He nodded towards her. "Whatever that thing is called it is only seconds from being outlawed so go take it off."

She only smiled. "Dez, fix us a picnic. Pack it full, I'm starving."

"As you like, human Jessalynn."

"People should be free to wear what they want."

Jess grabbed a picture that was stuck in her mirror then crawled into his lap. "You're supposed to think I look hot."

"Your legs are bare."

"Yep."

"A lot of leg."

"Yep."

"A lot more is showing than is not showing."

"The most important things are covered so you're just going to have to get used to it."

"I do not think that is possible."

"It is. And since it's just going to be me and you today, you can start today."

"Just you and me?"

"Uh huh."

"I want nothing more but not with you wearing that."