chapter fortythree

Start from the beginning

She smiled. "You have to leave your shirt on at all times."

He growled and kissed her again. "If I take it off right now, can we forget this whole thing?"

"Nope. What rules?"

"You want slow and easy. I can do that. I can also remain nice and calm if you keep these words in mind. You are mine. You will not be kissing these other guys. Or laying like this with them. Or_____."

Her smile grew. "You're definitely, probably right. Have I mention that I like it when you go all possessive, macho male? Better than no emotions dull boy any day. I didn't care for the Kellum who was all empty on the inside."

"It is you. You brought me to life. Can you blame a guy for wanting to hold on to that?"

She kissed his chin. "I'll make it as painless as possible."

"Most importantly, this changes nothing between us. We still spend as much time together as we can."

She could see that he thought she was going to argue about but that was the farthest thing from her mind. "I'm counting on it."

"Yes?" He smiled.

"Definitely. I like being with you too, Kellum."

Her honesty wiped his cute smile right off his face. So back to hot and bothered they went. When he finally let her up for air she could barely think straight.

"See, that is exactly what you will not be doing with anyone else. Ever again."

She knew it was time to get a little distance between the two of them or forget going slow. It would be too late for that. Lord but it was hard to move away.

"Is that the kind of kissing that was going on that night?"

"It's called heavy making out. And no, think several degrees lower. A whole forest fire lower. He had the super-hot thing going, mostly because he's so much older but... "

Okay, so if he didn't have her head an overheated mess than she would have chosen her words more carefully.

Her guy didn't look happy.

She had managed to get out of the bed and put some space between them but with just a thought he changed that.

Most people would be trembling in their high tops at the look in his eyes. He could be scary when he wanted to be. Yet she wasn't. When she ended up with her back against a wall and her hands held above her head, she did tremble though. Her big guy was a quick learner.

His mouth and hands took total possession of her. When he whispered in her ear, his one word caused her knees to weaken. "Mine." At the moment, she had no arguments with that. She was pure putty in his hands and couldn't even remember her own name.

"What were you saying?"

She had to catch her bottom lip between her teeth as she tried to get a hold of herself. "Umm, something about that guy barely being a blimp on the screen. A distraction. A poor distraction. No chemistry, whatsoever. Nothing like this."

"Are you saying that so that he gets to live?"

She chuckled. "No, honey. It's the absolute truth. If I remember correctly, you showed up and kind of killed the mood. Then I ended up in some horrible pain. It was all I could think about. Well at least till morning, when the worst thing in the world was having to face you. I would remind you that I didn't like you too much then. For that matter you weren't too keen on me either."

"What kind of pain? A burning?"

"Yes, but not what you're thinking."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I would have noticed a new mark. Anyway, this was more of a burning in my chest that moved to my stomach. Probably something I ate."

He still looked so upset that she tried to reassure him again. "Trust me, Kell. It wasn't like that. It wasn't like this."

"Did you check him for______."

"Nope. Want me to run and do that right now?"

He growled softly. "You think you are funny."

"Yes. All the time. You're learning a few things from me."

"More than a few things." He nuzzled her cheek. "So not like this?"

"Not even close."

"Then he gets to live, and I will not mention him again. It is forgotten." Stepping back, he took in her appearance and blushed. "I believe I quite lost myself and have taken some liberties with you."

The top three buttons of her flannel shirt were missing. The hands that straighten her shirt were unsteady. "I think you were marking your claim."

Literally. Thank God, he hadn't seen it. "Consider me well and truly marked."

Jess held out a hand to keep him from taking a step closer. They were getting way to physical for her sanity.

The future king, indeed. He probably looked worse than her. His eyes were stilled laced with desire. His lips were swollen, and he had a little love mark on his neck.

Jess went to him, smoothed out his t shirt and fixed his hair a little. There wasn't much she could do with the look in his eyes.

"You need to change into your candora, or everyone will know what we've been doing all day."

His smile made the bottom of her stomach drop to her feet.

"You will need to do something about your beautiful hair. I have it all messed up."

She sighed and moved away again. Space was needed. Or a bed. "Dez, put that bed away and get me something to eat. I'm starved. Bring up my list of matches too. I'm anxious to see what the problem is. Hey Kell, you think my older guy is on there?"