chapter thirtyfour

Start from the beginning

"She does not need to. She has said that she does not know. You will believe her unless given reason not to."

"We hoped she would know since the human Hayley is proving most difficult."

"We must take some kind of action for such disregard of someone's suffering.

"I would advise the humans be escorted out of the room while we finish this discussion."

Kell let go of her arm and gave a command with his hand that caused Frick, Godrick and the chick to fall in around her as a door opened.

She turned to her friend as soon as they were in the next room. "Hayley__."

"They can't do anything to me."

"That's not exactly true. If they wanted to, they could. One, they're all bigger than us. Two, I know for a fact Kell could drop us off on top of a mountain and leave us there. Three___."

"Dramatic much?"

"You aren't?"

Lee didn't have to answer. Jess could see that she was at least a little worried.

She stepped away from Frick and Big Bad and closer to her friend. If it came down to it, she was going to have Hayley's back. "Have you checked on Jace?"

"He was fine last night. He'd polished off the whole six pack and wanted more. Ass. It will be doubtful if he holds up much longer."

"And today?"

Lee made a face. "I've been here all day."

"Why not give him up? She looked horrible.

"She could be faking it."

"She is not." Godrick announced.

"This is a fool thing to do." Frick stated.

Lee went on like she hadn't heard. "This is our only chance to know for sure. I need to know for Macie's sakes."

The Prick gave a look of disgust.

"Everyone may reenter."

The mood in the room was tensed.

"We have decided that since you are unconcern for Zawinda then you both need to be with her in her time of need. She has agreed to let her pain be your lesson."

"We are most upset by this turn of events."

"Most upset. We hope you end her suffering as soon as possible. I am most sorry, Zawinda."

"As we all are. I believe this situation needs to receive much thought. Kellum, we will meet back here in an hour. Everyone may adjourn."

As soon as the advisors left the room Kellum stood and went to Zawinda. "May I help you?"

She gave one soft nod.

He swept her into his arms. "Kar, shadow the human Hayley. If she goes to him, I want to know. Godrick, take some men and go back to his last known location. Search all the buildings that are unused. Frick, stake out his living accommodations. If he manages to make it there, I want to know it."

Kell stepped to her side. "Put your hand on my shoulder." Once they were standing in her room, he turned to her. "Where do you want her?"