Caleb 4

My mom comes home late, but I've stayed up especially for her.
"Caleb, what are you doing up? It's midnight?" She asks worried.
She's even worried when I'm being bratty against her.

So I pull her in my arms and hug her tightly. She melts in my hug and caresses my hair. I smile and snuggle closer to her, she still smells amazing. Like roses and strawberries.

"I'm sorry." I confess.
"Oh, my baby." She kisses my cheeks.
"Am I forgiven?" I wonder, she nods and I smile harder.
Her being mad at me was the toughest thing ever, beside the situation with Clara.

"I'm going to catch some sleep, you should do the same." She tells me, I nod and follow her upstairs.
She enters her room as I pass Clara's, her lights are one and her door isn't completely shut.

"-it's just. Nobody likes me." She cries, I move closer.
I want to walk in until I hear Ambrosia.
"They should love you, you're amazing!" She urges.
"They're scared of me or want Caleb. I just want to move on from the stupid past, but I get reminded off it every single day. I don't like who I am now. I don't know who I am now! Back in the days I was fun and now I'm anxious and depressed." She cries.
My heart breaks down in million pieces.

The accident, I thought she was over it. She told me she was over it, so I was over it.
It was all just a lie.

"They shouldn't judge you on your past and definitely not something like that! You're a hero! You survived for two years all abounded and worn out! Screw them, screw everybody. You're Clara Grace and you're amazing, perfect, beautiful, kind, generous and so smart. If they can't see that, they're blind. Please take this from me, don't listen to someone when they try to break you down. Just ignore them and rise up as your true self."

A tear slipped down my cheek and another one and soon lots. My heart ached to Clara, but I was happy she had someone like Ambrosia. Someone who knew the right words to make her feel better. I felt bad for making fights with Ambrosia, when I just got to know her.
She was kind and sweet, but just misunderstood by playing so many sports.
I was ashamed of myself for ever being so mean against her.

But tomorrow was a new start, I had to make things back good.

-----------------------

Clara was sitting near the pool, her legs in the water. I walk over and sit next to her. She eyes me before turning back to looking down.

"I'm sorry." I admit.

She doesn't bug, it's not enough. Of course it's not enough, I had to bring more.

"When you were gone I felt like I had died along with you. Nothing really mattered, everything seemed so dull and I lost myself. But then you came back and I was so hooked on about the idea everything was back to normal that I must've looked over how you were feeling. I heard your talk with Ambrosia..." she looks at me.

"Caleb-" I cut her off.

"I had no idea that I was the cause of your problems. But I'll fix it. I don't care about popularity or all the attention. I care about you and only you. You're my twin sister, the most important person in my life. I love you Clara and I'm sorry for everything that happened to you and I wasn't there for you." I breathe out.

Her eyes turn wet and I pull her to my chest. I always loved the smell of citrus all because of her. My arms held her tightly, not letting her go soon.

"I've missed you." She whispers.

"I've missed you too, buttercup." I chuckle making her groan.

"Another nickname!" She demands .

"Never!" I grin devilishly.

"Okay, honey boo boo!" She laughs.

"I was eight and it was the only show on tv that was slightly fun!" I groan, she bursts out in laughter.

A smile formed on my face and we sat there, building up our bond. Finally connecting again.