"I will tell you what is waste, James. Me staying here and expecting something which you are lacking for." I said and moved to reach the door but he held my hand.

"I will not come behind you and don't forget that." He as usual warned.

"As if people are dying here to have you come behind them. Just one more day and we both are free from this marriage and you can go along with the plans you made like you told me." I mumbled shaking my head and pulled my hand away.

I need to leave before I will let it out how I wish he will say that he loves me or at least care for me and want me for my sake and not for this marriage that happened which we both made a ruin of and not because this is somewhat comfortable and not because of the attraction he feels because that can leave at any point of time.

"She left me, Swathi. Are you going to leave me too?" his desperate words brought a pain which I never thought I would feel.

God! If he is that much in pain because she left him, then now he can go and claim with me giving him some freedom, right?

"All we did was fight, James. What is the use?" I asked, not looking at him and waited but he didn't reply.

Urgh! Who asked me to go and love this man? And the worst part it somewhere where it is not clouded with doubts and hurt, it feels like I am doing something stupid. Maybe, I can try once telling him my feelings? He doesn't want me to actually go, right? Why don't I dare a little?

"Go! Just go and if I think clearly, I am more than glad about all this. I never wished to marry and all this was as a part of my duty from the beginning. Now, that everything is over, what is the need. And it's a good thing that you remind me of my plans because for a moment on this stupid thing, I forgot everything." His words reached my ears crushing that little dare I was trying to step on myself.

"All the best! It's not like you are in this stupid thing with heart involved like me." Saying that I walked off, at least to have a little peace that I said the words even in some silly manner.

With both Maha's and my things already sent off, I sat in the car and started driving, but stopped on the way to the company hearing my mobile ringing.

Out of nowhere a burst of anticipation entered into my heart, but it went out with the same speed when I saw the call is from Maha.

"I am on the way." I said, lifting her call.

"Di! I didn't get the leave for today. Will you pick me up in the evening? Did you get my things from the room?" she asked and I frowned.

"Yes! Didn't he ask you about the packing?" I asked her and she sighed.

"He hadn't even observed them. Anyway, is it fine if you can come in the evening?" she asked and I assured her before hanging up.

I heard a horn and turned to my side to see James in his vehicle. With again the anticipation, I rolled down the glass like him, but his next words made me wish I never stopped here.

"What? Changed your mind like always? It is a waste of time because I don't want this at all. And you know how strong I am to my decisions, unlike you." He said with literally throwing fireballs through his eyes.

"And I have many things to do along with many people. To top of that it will not be called cheating when this marriage ends too." He added when I just stared at him and that made me flinch which I couldn't hide.

I know what he is talking about and the triumph in his eyes made me let go of the feeling of betrayal and any other hurt. Giving him an equal stare and slowly changing my expression of indifference, I uttered the words with complete conviction.