Chapter 26

*James Pov*

"What?" I asked, frowning at her while she continued to stare at me blankly leaning on the door frame.

"Enjoyed outing with your friends?" she asked and glanced over my shoulder, which I followed to see the both already left.

"Actually, it was completely tiring." I replied and she shook her head before walking into the house.

"I am not a mind reader by the way." I commented when she sat on the bed while I followed her into the room.

"And I am an outcast." Her comment made me frown and sat before her.

"Well, why is that?" I asked and she fumed.

"I mean, you three just went for a vacation and no one asked me. Not even Maha and it's not like I would have accepted to go with Nakul being a part of it. But still what would both of you lose in asking me." She asked and I can see the anger on her face.

"Because this was not a vacation. Maha and I left the city and that friend of mine followed us." I explained to which she let go of a little anger to leave space for confusion.

"Explain! Because I am also not a mind reader." She said and I nodded.

"You remember the doctor about whom we both were talking who is ready to say Nakul is not behind the accident but his mother. We both went to meet him and more like Maha meeting him. Anyway, Nakul too reached there and the doctor openly said Nakul is not behind the accident which Maha heard for herself." I explained.

"Did she now? And where is this doctor?" she asked, folding her arms.

"It seems like Nakul's Grandpa is the one who kept him away from coming here not wishing to drill into the past. So, he will not be coming, but Maha heard him and accepted it. That must be enough." I replied, shrugging, but she shook her head.

"Maha! Maha!" she whispered and sighed before staring at me.

"Leave it! Now, what is your plan for today?" she asked and I shrugged again to which she glared at my shoulders.

"You should plaster them to not move and irritate the life of others." Her comment made me laugh and pull her to me.

"What are your plans?" I asked back.

"I am going to a movie. God! There is no television here to even see. I will go mad here and so will be leaving in half an hour. I will have lunch from outside too, and then a movie. Maybe a little stroll in the park or some shopping. Then I will have dinner before returning here." She replied and I stared at her while she stared back.

"Alone?" I asked and she nodded.

"My own vacation! Do you think I would sit here calmly while you go and enjoy a vacation?" saying that she moved away and got up from the bed.

"That was not a vacation." I pointed out in a bored tone to which she shrugged copying me.

"Okay! Do as you wish while I will do my work." Saying that I walked out of the room before moving to the kitchen.

I started my cooking feeling hungry and not able to eat much breakfast in the morning. Finishing it, I served it on a plate before sitting at the dining table.

Hearing a sound I turned to see her stepping out of the room completely ready and then she glanced at my food.

She calmly walked to the table and mumbled, "Can I have a bite?"

"I mean, if you give a share of it, I will let you come for the movie." She added when I didn't reply.

"I didn't say I want to come with you anywhere." I said, frowning and she narrowed her eyes.