Chapter 6

*Maheshwari Pov*

"You look so beautiful." I heard Mom's voice and I frowned, thinking how can she say that while draping this big cloth on my face.

I removed it a little and peaked to see Mom staring at Di's face as her make up is finished by the artist. And I can see Mom is right.

"Your Mom would have been so happy." Mom added and I stilled hoping Di will not lash for taking out her Mom's remembrance but Di smiled.

"Yes! She will be happy." Di said and I then realized the true meaning.

She thinks her Mom will be happy with this revenge she is going to take on the culprit right. I sat quietly sending all the prayers to drag that doctor by wind if possible.

"What are you thinking?" I heard a question before the cloth is removed.

"Doctor!" I replied without thinking and cringed.

"Doctor?" Mom asked, laughing and remaining two people also laughed.

"Maha! In your thoughts you reached to the stage of pregnancy?" Mom asked and I immediately got up from the chair and moved away from them in fear.

"What are you talking, Mom?" I asked her and she frowned.

"We are joking." She replied and gave me a worried look.

"Sorry! I am just nervous." I mumbled and returned back to the chair.

"I know! Every bride feels the jitters before the wedding. Think about your fiancé." Mom said and I gave a reluctant smile.

I will think only about that doctor and I need to call this James too. Is he even a bodyguard or good at his work? One work he has to do by bringing that doctor, but here he must be getting ready for this sham of a wedding.

"Give her light make-up. With heavy one, her naturalness will be covered up." I thought my Mom would say that but to my surprise it is Di.

"But for you it was heavy." The artist who is actually Di's employee said frowning.

"I am used to it, but not she." That's all Di said and walked away to bring the dresses while I glanced at the mirror to see Mom's knowing look.

She cares for me! I thought and immediately my smile slipped because I know she will not forgive me for doing all this behind her back but this will save her too.

"Yours is pink, right?" Di asked, walking back and I nodded before standing up when the make-up is over.

"I will just come." Saying that I walked away from Di's room and reached my room.

"Hello?" he said in a whisper.

"Tell me you have the doctor ready." I said, crossing the fingers of my hand.

"No! And your father is here." He mumbled and I groaned.

"I know! What does that have to do with the doctor? James! Everything will go wrong." I said, pacing in the room.

"There is still time." He mumbled and there was a slight crack on the composure I am practicing to myself.

"Time? Time? I got my make up done and my sister is arranging my pink bridal dress ready for me to wear and red for herself and you are saying we have time." I said shaking my head.

"Yours is pink? Okay! Then I will place that color cloth in my sherwani and will ask Nakul for red." He said and I stilled.

"James!" I shouted and heard a chuckle.

"Why are you worried? I am the one who is going to put that red color powder and the necklace around your neck. Your neck! Even if one of us said 'stop' one second before no one can make us do it." He said in a calm tone.