Chapter 5

*Maheshwari Pov*

I glanced to my right and immediately looked away seeing the way Di gripping the wheel tightly making her knuckles turn white.

"Di!" I called her finally getting some courage.

"Don't say a word." She warned and stopped before our home while blazing the horn so that the gates can be opened.

"Where were you? Don't you know these should be opened when we reach near the corner of the road?" she blasted at the poor watchman and she looked down.

"Don't shout at them in anger on me." I said, placing a hand on her shoulder but she shrugged it away.

"Get down!" saying that she walked inside and I immediately heard her shouting for Father and Mom.

"Why are you shouting, Sweety?" Mom asked when I stepped inside the house while she is fuming in the living room.

"You don't know what she did today, Mom." Saying that she turned towards Father who walked towards us with a confused look.

"What is it?" he asked and she turned to stare at me.

"I saw her today with that... that bodyguard of Nakul." She replied in disgust.

"We just met." I mumbled and she glared at me.

"Don't lie to me, Maha! I saw you that day in the park with him and immediately started observing you. I know you have been meeting him so many times and even talking to him." She said and I felt myself frozen.

She observed me? Oh god! Does she know what we both were doing? This will be more than mess because I am sure this Maheshwari will also die.

I immediately scolded myself for these thoughts and started thinking what to tell her. Well, I can say we are friends, but she will not believe him because if she actually checked my calls then they are very high number to think a conversation between two newly formed friends.

"I... I am trying to get to know him. You know..." I trailed off and cringed at my lie, but it is kind of true too because now I know him a little.

"Didn't you got any other person than him? I mean he is a bodyguard." She asked and rubbed her forehead.

"But he is a nice person." I pointed out and she sighed before sitting on the couch.

"If she likes her then let her date him. Why don't you call him for dinner today?" Mom asked, smiling and I gave a panicked look.

"No!" I shouted and immediately closed my eyes.

"I mean, this is so new." I mumbled and smiled at her, but it slipped when my gaze went to Di because now she has a narrowed look.

"He is your boyfriend, right?" she asked, stressing the word 'He'.

"Uhmm..." I made a sound and glanced at Father to see him just staring at Di and me.

"Well?" she asked sharply, moving towards me and I nodded.

"Call him!" she ordered suddenly after a few moments of silence.

"What?" I asked her in shock.

"Call him now for lunch." She replied and I glanced at Mom.

"Mom?" I called her and she frowned at him.

"It's okay, Maha! We will just talk." Mom said in an assuring tone but then I glanced at my Father to see him frowning at Di.

"What happened, Sweety?" he finally asked and she glanced at me for a second before moving towards him.