Chapter 1

*Maheshwari Pov*

"So, you want to join this company?" the lady asked me after verifying my file.

"Yes!" I replied, keeping the smile intact.

"The CEO will be coming to this head office and settle here. So, the work will be very heavy in the beginning. Are you fine with it?" she asked and I nodded point to be noted still smiling.

Are you kidding me? I will nod even if I will be asked whether I will be fine to walk on hot coal.

"You worked in a small company before this and the work will be nowhere near to that. Timings and all will be hectic." She added.

I am seriously getting a doubt whether she wants me or anyone to join or not. Because she is hell bent on scaring me for sure, but I rewinded about how I enjoyed my ice cream before coming here to not let the terror appear on my face.

"You are selected." She said and my smile widened before leaving the cabin only to shout at the top of my lungs 'Yes!'.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" I screamed and opened my eyes to see a pair of eyes glaring at me.

"Maha! When will you stop this? It's been one week you got selected and from that day you are torturing us with this shouting every morning." She said folding her hands.

"Mom! I am just getting everything as dream everyday." I mumbled giving an apologetic look but she sighed.

"There is still three weeks before you join. Will we be tortured all that time?" she asked, moving to gather the pillows I threw down in my dream excitement.

"Swathi changed her room too, because of you." She added.

"I am not doing it consciously." I mumbled, looking down and felt her press a kiss to my forehead.

"I know, dear! You need to think about others, right?" she asked and I smiled.

"I Know that! That's why I got into a deal with her to clean her car every day." I replied and she sighed.

"Sathish was asking me whether you got a proposal or something and shouting the reply for it." She said and laughed at my horror expression.

"Ask him to get Swathi Di married. She is twenty five while I am just twenty two little girl." I said getting down from the bed.

"Little girl?" she asked, to which I shrugged and started pulling out a dress to get ready for the day.

"Today I prepared your favorite breakfast." She said while I started brushing my teeth.

"I know, Mom! Yesterday you prepared Di's. So, today it will be mine." I said shaking my head.

"I just thought you may not have any sense of anything else except your job." She said shrugging with a smile.

"Mom! Even if I lose my senses, then it is fine. I got a job in SGI like the SGI. By this I can show that I am capable of something because it is in a higher position than Father's." I said grinning and her smile slipped.

"Maha!" she mumbled, but I shook my head, smiling and walked inside the washroom.

I walked out of my room after getting ready and looked around seeing no one present, then I calmly climbed down the stairs with a normal expression.

"Good morning!" I greeted the two people sitting at the dining table and sat myself down at my usual place.

"Good morning!" they both greeted back and turned the page of the papers they are reading.