Twenty-Two

¶I just want to take a second to thank all of you who are reading this. Your votes and comments really do mean a lot, and this story has close to a thousand reads. When I began this story, I didn't think it would go on for as long as it will or get as many reads as it is. But that's not because of me. Its because of all of you. So I would just like to give you all my thanks. Thanks for reading this story. Thank you for telling me what you think about it. And thank you for voting

\What Happened/

Donnie's POV
============

"When I first got into that cell," I started, staring at my hands, "Mikey was... he..."

I exhaled slowly, swearing not to cry. "When I saw Mikey, his hands were still broken. But... much, much worse. And his ribs were terribly broken as well. It seemed like blunt trauma. Possibly a bat, or a wooden board, or a pipe. His elbow had the same marks, and it was sprained. And then there was his neck..."

I felt my own neck start to tingle just thinking about how bad Mikey's was. In fact, he still had a bit of a bruise.

"It was almost completely black. It was like, really, really, really, really dark purple. There were some bruises shaped like fingerprints, so I'm betting Shredder did that. But he must have done it at least... five times? Possibly more. God..." I trailed, remembering those whip marks. Those horrible, salt water filled, painful whip marks.

"A- a- and then he had a lot of... a lot of... a lot... of..." I tried again.

"Donnie? A- are you okay?" Leo asked me. I finally looked up at my brothers, seeing their faces.

Leo was near tears, his face visibly pained. I could see him biting his knuckles, possibly trying not to sob.

But that was nothing like what Raph was like. He was furious. His eyes weren't even open, but I could see the way his knuckles clenched so tight they were white. I could see his body shake as he tried to control himself. I could practically feel his teeth grind.

"What did he have a lot of?" Leo asked me again, and I looked away. "He had a lot of... whip marks," I whispered.

And Raph snapped.

He shot off of his chair, yelling in fury as his eyes turned so lethally white I froze, and picked up his seat. Still screaming, he threw it across the room and it hit the wall, shattering. His breathing was quick and heavy as he flipped a metal table, stuck in a furious rage.

"Whoa! Raph, Raph, Raph! Calm down, okay?" Leo tried reasoning, placing a hand on Raph's back. Raph grabbed his arm and shoved Leo down, yelling his lungs out as he smacked empty beakers off the table.

"Raph, stop!" I shouted over his yelling, picking Leo up. "You could damage something! You could hit Mikey with something! You could hurt him, Raph, hurt him!"

Raph paused, still breathing heavily. "J- just calm down, Raph. Its okay. Mikey's okay now. Er, better now. He's much better now. Just... I'll tell you the rest later, okay? Go rest," I ordered, carefully guiding my second oldest brother out the lab doors and to the living room.

"Just lay down, okay?" I said as he sat down, eyes still white. "I'm going to go back in there with Leo."

I quickly left before Raph could go into another rage, quietly closing the lab doors behind me.

I sighed and leaned against the doors, exhausted. "You okay?" A voice belonging to Leo asked me. I nodded. "Yeah. Just a bit tired. Mikey died, Raph's losing control, Splinter's not even on the continent, we broke out of Shredder's lair, and this all happened in about a two day time period. So yeah, I'm kinda tired."

Leo chuckled and wiped his eyes. "I guess we're all kinda tired. Why don't you get some rest?" He suggested but I knew he was telling me to. "I'll look after Mikey until he's awake."

I nodded sleepily. "And if there's a problem?" I asked him as we headed to my room. "Then I'll come get you if I can't fix it," Leo reassured.

"And when he wake up?" I asked him, pushing open my door. "Then I'll still wake you both up. Immediately," he promised again.

I nodded once more before climbing into bed. "G'Night Leo," I slurred, already in my comfy, blissful dream.

"Good night Donnie."

¶P.S. sorry for the short chapter