Twelve

\Donnie's Plan/

Donnie's POV
===========
I woke up with a start, the tiny pit-patting sound of feet echoing in the cell.

"Hey, Mikey? Is that you?" I asked. "Huh?" A voice to my right said. I jumped a little and looked over, seeing my sleepy eyed brother looking back at me.

The sound continued, and I began to grow suspicious. If it isn't Mikey, then what is it?

I stood up slowly and sneaked around Mikey, who was more awake now.

As I neared the area where the med kit and food were, the sound grew louder. Raising my fists, I quickly threw open the top of the kit.

There, inside the kit, were twenty rats.

I screamed and jumped back, surprised at the many creatures in the kit. It was my biggest kit, yes, but it wasn't that big.

"Get out of there you dirty lab rats!" I shouted, throwing the kit at the far corner of the cage, well away from Mikey and me.

The med kit hit the wall, sending out the vermin. The rats squealed and ran out of the cell. I ran up to the kit once the rats left and examined the inside. My heart dropped and tears sprang to my eyes as I started crying.

"D?" I heard Mikey ask worriedly. "D, what's wrong? What happened Donnie?" He gasped. "Oh no! Were you bit by one of those rats? Are you okay? Do you need me to give you a bandaid?"

Despite what happened, I slightly smiled to myself. Mikey was too innocent for this... this torture. It should only be me in here. Now, he's probably going to die.

"I- I- I wasn't bit, Mikey," I said sadly, turning around and sitting next to my bruised baby brother. Mikey looked at me, obviously confused, and said, "Oh. Then why are you crying?"

I growled lowly, but not at Mikey. "Because those rats just ate all our food and medical supplies."
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Leo's POV
=========
I sat on the floor of the dojo, meditating.

Breathe in....

and out....

and in....

aaannnddd out....

I sighed as I reached the inside of my mind, clearing away all my other troubles.

Losing my brothers.

Failing my brothers.

Failing my family.

Losing to Shredder.

My fist tightened and I opened my eyes, knowing that this wasn't going to work.

"You just need to make a plan," I told myself, pacing the dojo carpet. "The last one didn't work, so you need to have a new strategy." I sighed. "But Donnie always came up with the strategies..."

I wonder what's happening to them now...
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Mikey's POV
===========
I looked at Donnie in confusion.

The rats ate everything? Like, everything everything? The supplies, the water, the food?

"...What do you mean?" I asked him. "How did they even get in here?"

Donnie sighed in frustration, his head in his hands. "You don't need to worry about this, Mikey," he said to me, finally meeting my eyes. "We're going to be just fine."

If it wasn't for my promise to have some more faith, I would've laughed. If those rats ate everything, then we're going to die.

The door screeched open and I snuggled into Donnie, whimpering.

I didn't want to go back there. I didn't want to be beat.

But I can't give Shredder the answers he wants.

And I can't let him take Donnie.

"You'll eat twice a week from now on. If you misbehave, you won't eat for two weeks. Understood?" Rahzar snarled, tossing two bowls of... something, into our cell.

Donnie stared him down, grabbing the bowls without breaking eye contact.

Rahzar sneered at us and left, slamming the door shut behind him. The only light was that of burning candles the footbots periodically lit.

"Here ya go, Mikey," Donnie said, passing me both bowls.

I stared down at the grey, sloppy mess. "I'm not eating these," I rejected, shoving the bowls back into his hands. Donnie frowned at me.

"You need to get your strength back," he persisted, motioning at the bowls. "You're barely skin and bones."

I shook my head quickly. "Uh-uh, Donnie!" I said, turning my head away from the slop. "I'm not eating them. You've had as little as me in this cell. You need them both. You're smart; you need brain food."

"Mikey-" Donnie began, but I closed my eyes and shook my head. "Not eating it! Not eating it! Not eating it!"

Donnie closed his eyes and sighed heavily. "Michelangelo," he finally said firmly, almost making me flinch. He never really calls any of us by our full names. "You. need. to. eat. Now, I'm going to give you two options."

Donnie opened his eyes, which were deadly serious. I nodded slowly.

"I can give you both bowls now," he said carefully. "Or I can give you one now and the other later."

I narrowed my eyes at Donnie, trying to find even a little bit of anger at him. I didn't find any.

I continued to somewhat glare at him. "I'm only going to eat one bowl, Donnie. You are going to eat the other. And if you don't eat your bowl, I won't eat mine," I said. "Those are your options."

There wasn't any way in the world I was going to glutton myself up while Donnie sat here starving. He's my brother. Brothers are there for each other.

Donnie exhaled slowly and rubbed the back of his neck, seemingly thinking about my offer.

Finally he sighed, then handed me a bowl. "Deal," he added, smiling at me. "But you eat yours first. If you're still hungry, have some of mine. Okay?"

I nodded, knowing I would still be hungry and also knowing that I wouldn't touch Donnie's. "Deal."

Donnie grabbed the wooden spoon from my bowl and proceeded to feed me until my bowl was empty.

I held back my bile. That bowl was the most disgusting thing I've ever eaten. Even worse than algae and worms.

"Still hungry?" Donnie asked me, searching my face for any indication that I might be lying. I shook my head and he sighed.

I watched him as he ate, noticing how he really was hungry. Pride swelled in me as I knew that I did the right thing. Booyakisha.

"So Mikey," Donnie said, finishing the rancid food, "I found a plan to get out of here."