Eleven

\Some More Time/

Raph's POV
=========
I paced around the living room floor, biting my knuckles.

Was Donnie alive?

Was Mikey alive?

Were they even together?

"Raph, we need to make another plan," Leo told me. I scoffed. "No kidding."

Leo sighed, rubbing his tired dark blue eyes. "Do you... you think they're okay?" He asked me quietly.

No! I wanted to say, but held my tongue. I can't let my anger out on Leo. He isn't the asshole who took my two little brothers from me.

"I hope so," I sighed, praying with all my heart that they were. Leo nodded. "I wish this never happened," he said sadly. "I failed them."

I shook my head. "Don't talk like that! We have to hope that they're still alive, Leo. I ain't giving up until I know for sure. Donnie's still alive-"

"But what about Mikey?" Leo asked, louder than before. "Is he still alive? Is our little brother still here? Or did Shredder already kill him?!"

I grabbed Leo's shoulders and brought him into a hug. "Hey, hey hey. Its okay Leo. Mikey's gotta be fine. Donnie will take good care of him." Leo sniffled and said, "But what if he's already dead?"

I closed my eyes, crying softly. "Then.... I don't know."
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Donnie's POV
============
I waited in that cell for what seemed like an eternity. Waiting.

Finally the cell door opened and I heard a yelp, then a thump, as Mikey was thrown into the cage.

"Mikey!" I yelled, rushing over to my little brother's aid. The right side of his face was bruised and a bit bloody, his exposed skin in his shell was cut, and his left shoulder was broken.

I quickly pulled Mikey into a hug, then took out some bandages for his wounds.

"I wanna go home," Mikey whimpered as I removed his mask to clean the wound. "I know, buddy, I know," I said. "But we need a plan, first. One that can't fail."

Mikey nodded slowly, but I could see that he had already given up hope.

"Hey!" I said, tilting Mikey's head so he had to look at me. "Do not give up on me! We will get through this! I just need some time to come up with a plan. You can help me, too. But whatever happens, don't give up. If you give up, you're already dead. Understand me?"

Mikey sighed. "Sure." I frowned. "Do. you. understand. me?" I asked again, slowly this time.

"What do you want me to say?!" Mikey shouted, breaking away from me. "'Yes Donnie, I don't think we're going to rot in here forever. We're going to make it out!' Do you?! Because I don't think we are! I think that Shredder's going to kill us, and that Leo and Raph aren't coming because they know that!"

Mikey was panting at the end of his rant. I sighed and took a rattled breath, then motioned for Mikey to come to me.

He didn't hesitate; he came over and hugged me as best he could with all his injuries. I tightly hugged him back, scared. But not scared of dying, like he said we would. Scared of the fact that Mikey had given up hope in our brothers.

"Mikey," I begged, "please don't give up on me. Can you... keep a little bit more faith going? Please? For me?"

I heard Mikey sniffle and then nod. "Sure, D. I'll try," he said happily. I smiled.

"Okay, now let's get something to eat and drink," I beamed at him, reaching inside the box for some food. I pulled out two water bottles and two bananas, giving one of each to Mikey and keeping the other two for me.

As I chugged down my meal, I thought of all the things that could help us escape.

There was nothing in my med kit to help, but maybe there was in this cage? Standing up, I began to look in all parts of the cage. I finally found something the size of a lock pick behind a rock. I pushed the brick aside and grabbed the item, almost losing my lunch when I realized what it was.

A bone.

I took a deep breath and examined the bone, noticing that I could use it as an actual lock pick. But this was the only one, so I couldn't mess up.

I smiled to myself as I sorted put the rest of the details, which were easier since the hard part was out of the way. So whether or not Mikey was right about our brothers, we were going to get out of here.

I just need some more time.

¶These are slow moving chapters. Sorry for that.¶