The Calm Before the Storm

Comenzar desde el principio

            Finneus shook his head. "That is the point. They wanted to see how long it could last out in the open without its senses. Surprisingly it has been alive for ten years. I am not sure if the other animals leave it alone out of pity or if it really can manage on its own." He had not bothered to ask his parents and seeing as he doesn't visit often, it was never a concern for him.

            Draco was sickened. He really hated the Flamels. It was bad enough that they were doing experiments on humans but did they have to go for animals too? Did they have to experiment at all? He just couldn't understand how anyone could be so cruel.

            "I hate your parents." Harry told him with a growl. He really hated them with a passion.

            "Join the club." Finneus snarked back easily. He stopped a couple feet away from the front of the door and raised a hand. He closed his eyes as he felt the magic of the wards surrounding the place. He breathed a sigh of relief when he realized that he was still keyed into the charms. He bet the only reason was so that his father didn't grow suspicious. He highly doubted that his mother told him that she sent hellhounds after him. Taking him out of the wards would have been a question that she couldn't answer. He would bet a lot of money that she would've waited at least ten years before trying to 'find him' before they announced him dead.

            It wasn't hard to manipulate that wards to allow Potter and Malfoy entry. His mother really should have changed the wards after assuming he was dead. That would have been the smart thing to do. Whether suspicious or not. He couldn't wait to see what his mother would say about that. He turned to Potter. "I think you should have Azad wait out here." He told him.

            Harry furrowed his brows. He didn't like the idea of keeping his hound outside. He wanted to make sure Azad was safe and he couldn't do that if the animal was out here. "Why?" He demanded to know.

            "Because I think she might be able to manipulate him back to her side. I know that you can command him but one wrong bite and Malfoy and I will be a goner. She got them under her control once. I don't think it would be too hard to do again."

            Harry bit his lip as he thought this over. He wasn't sure what methods Perenelle might go to once she realized that her hellhounds were not under her control anymore. He didn't know how she had managed to get the collars on them the first time and he really didn't want to give her another opportunity again. He didn't really have any qualms about Finneus dying from a bad bite but he did care about Draco. He wouldn't allow his soulmate to come into any harm. He nodded slowly. "Alright." He said with a defeated sigh. He turned to Azad and looked at him sadly. "I know that you want to go in there but I think it would be best if you waited out here."

            Azad whined and Harry let out a little chuckle. "I know." He assured him with a pat to the head. "Hopefully we won't be in there too long. Just be patient out here and keep Sephtis company."

            Sephtis lifted his head and let out an angry hiss. 'Why do I have to stay with the dog? I can be of great use to you speaker.'

            Harry smiled before running a finger across the snake's head. 'I think it would be best if you stayed behind. I don't want to put you in harms way. Plus you can keep a watch on Azad and make sure he doesn't go anywhere.' He played it off as if Sephtis was in charge of Azad. Hopefully that would appeal to the snake.

            Sephtis hissed again but Harry knew that it wasn't in anger this time. 'Listen up dog. I am the leader now. You will do as I say.' He jabbed Azad in the side of his neck with his tail when there was no sign of agreement.