Confrontations and... Raspberries?

Authors Notes:

I know we last left off with our soulmates, no worries. That will pick up on the next chapter. So I suppose you can call this a filler chapter.

-------------------------------------------------------

            Fred and George left the Ministry fairly easy. No one paid them any mind or attention. There was a swarm of reporters and photographers just waiting to catch a glimpse of the Malfoys and Harry. Not to mention a crowd of people wanting to watch the drama unfold. Some of them were Ministry workers! Didn't they have a job to do? Unless gossiping like school girls is a new position that they were unaware of. If so, they knew quite a few simpering girls that would fit the bill.

            George sighed, couldn't they just leave their brother alone? Hadn't Harry done enough for the wizarding world? Didn't he deserve some peace and quiet? Who cares if he got the Malfoys off? Part of him loathed that Lucius Malfoy was free, with not even a slap on the wrist. Especially after his actions nearly cost the life of Ginny during her first year. But Harry had his reasons, whether George agreed with them or not. It didn't matter. If this is the one thing Harry wanted in life to make him happy then George could take getting Lucius Malfoy off scot free. Harry was never one to do things without a reason. George hadn't needed to read the contract to know it had involved Draco. Why else what Harry do something?   And listening to Lucius read off the contract had been a humbling experience. Draco was the one thing that Harry wanted above all else. It was obvious looking at them interact. How could anyone fault him for that?

            Fred grabbed a hold of his brother's hand and squeezed gently. "I know." Fred said simply. That was one thing George loved about having a twin. Fred just got him. They never had to have elaborate conversations. Words weren't always needed. They could look at each other and have a world of conversations in that single glance. Fred knew what George was thinking sometimes before even he knew himself. They understood each other in ways that no one else could. They knew the rest of the family didn't understand their need to be together. They didn't understand why they couldn't settle down into their own lives. But that just wasn't something that interested either of them.

            They were a packaged deal. Where one went so did the other. You couldn't have Fred without George and vice versa. It just didn't work like that. It felt unnatural to separate them. They weren't meant to lead separate lives. Fred wasn't sure he could function without his brother. That wasn't normal. But since when did they care about trivial things like being normal? Normal is a relative term. What is the basis that people compare being normal to anyways? People used to ask him if he ever wanted his own space, or if it ever got crowded always being together. Fred always laughed in response. No. That wasn't something he had ever wanted around George. They were extensions of each other. They clicked in ways that most people just wouldn't understand. They were more than just brothers. They were lifetime friends. If there was a position beyond family, then that is what you could use to describe them. With George by his side he would never grow lonely. Sure, there were times when he longed for someone to share his life with besides as a brother but he had time. When the right person came along that could put up with George always being his number one, then he would know that they were meant to be. Which is why relationships always failed for the pair of them. Partners just couldn't understand that they would have to share his time between the two of them. George and Fred's partner would have to share being the most important person in his life. It was always the deal breaker that ended most of their relationships.   

            The twins had never felt connected to the rest of the family like they did to each other. Their mother had a hard time telling them a part most of the time. That was why she knitted sweaters with the first letter of their name on it. Their father was always busy at the Ministry and when he did have time for them, he had five other children besides them to visit with. Growing up Bill and Charlie were busy with Hogwarts to have time for them. During the summer they were busy doing homework or hanging out with each other. They weren't envious or wished their older brothers had had time for them. They had lives to live and even at a young age Fred and George understood that.