Missing Memory

Author Notes:

*WARNING PLEASE READ* Alright. This chapter is a little dark. If you don't like blood then this is not a chapter for you. It isn't too gruesome but I still feel like it needs a warning.

This chapter needs a little explanation. I really hope you guys read this note so that it makes more sense. Because I would like to not receive any comments asking me questions about the fonts. Now the memory is in two different styles. Regular italicized and bolded. The bolded portions are Lucius's direct memory and thoughts. The italicized is for your benefit to show a completed picture. I could have written the memory solely in his point of view but I wanted to show you all what everyone was thinking. The reason that Lucius's portion is bolded is because during the next chapter when they discuss this memory he will only have the knowledge that he himself had gone through. The other stuff was for your benefit. Hopefully that makes sense.

Also the bolded portions sound like the mind of a child because he is a child. There are parts that might be a little advanced for a child but do remember that he is constantly being schooled, so he would be slighter smarter than the average six year old.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

          For the first time in a long time, Lucius Malfoy's jaw dropped and he just simply gaped inelegantly.   

            Necromancy. Lucius had thought that there had been a similarity in the way the power had manifested when the darkness had taken over at the burrow but he didn't think that it could actually be related. His stomach plummeted, could the chanting really be necromancy? They were so screwed. Necromancy. Just the word sent shivers down his spine. He could remember the necromancy rituals at the few ceremonies that The Dark Lord made him witness but this chanting wasn't anything that they had done. Which is why he didn't think to check on Necromancy. By default, necromancy was bringing the dead back to life not killing people. Seemed opposites to him.

            Just as quickly as the memory that had been eluding him, did it suddenly come into crystal clear focus.  

            Lucius Malfoy watched his parents with confusion. They had told him that he was to be expecting a little brother or sister shortly. Lucius knew that he was not to show excitement but it was very hard. At six years old he was tired of having no one to talk to. He spent his days in the library with the house elves that had been assigned to direct him to the books that would teach him how to be a proper Malfoy. Lucius didn't want to learn how to be grumpy and walk around with a pinched expression. He didn't want to be Lord Malfoy. No, he wanted to be an artist one day. He wanted to paint things that people would admire for generations. Beautiful things that took people's breath away and made them happy.

            Whenever his father released him for the day, he would always go to his room and draw in secret. His father said that no Malfoy heir would become something as frivolous as an artist. The one time he had been caught drawing, his father broke his quills and paintbrushes. Told him to cease being a disgrace. He didn't mean to be a disgrace, he just wanted to have fun. Fun like other kids got to have. Lucius was forced to go to a Ministry Ball once and there were a bunch of children running around all over the place. It was highly undignified and it wrinkled his nose... but it looked like fun. So much fun. He had been tempted to join them until he caught sight of his father's furious expression. That had been the first night that he had been forced to endure the cellar. His father said that he had seen the decision to join the other children on Lucius's face so now he was being punished. The cellar isn't that bad. Just cold and a little creepy. After he had been released from his punishment, he began practicing his facial expressions religiously. He did not fancy spending another night in the cellar.