Chapter 16 Aiden E

Start from the beginning

Well I just stuck my foot in my mouth with that one. I groaned and rubbed my head. Lets try and not do it again.

"What his name?" I ask.

"Aiden" Mia said.

"So where's Aiden?" I ask.

"He died when I was 12." Crap.

"Sorry I really stuck my foot in my mouth with that one." I said.

"It's okay. Uhm Brooklyn I kind of need a towel." Mia said.

"Right" I said.

I pushed myself off the floor and went to the cabinet under the sink. I pulled out two towels. I turned around and walked over to the door.

"Here I'm not looking." I say and close my eyes holding the towels out for her. I feel her take the towels off my hand. I turn on my heels and walk back toward the toilet.

"Brooklyn my clothes are on my bed, can you get them?" Mia asked.

"Sure" I said and walked out of the bathroom.

Mia clothes were sitting on top of her bed. I picked them up and walked back to bathroom. Mia was already sitting on the toilet.

"I would have helped you." I said handing Mia her cloths.

"Don't worry about it. Can you take off the bag so I can get dressed?" Mia asked.

"Sure" I said and knelt down in front of Mia. I pulled the tape off and the garbage bag fell to the floor. I pulled it away from her foot and threw it into the trash.

"I'll be waiting outside when you're done changing okay?" I said. Mia nodded and I walked out the door.

I took a seat on Mia's bed and looked out the window. I finally have Mia back; this time I won't let her go.

"Brooklyn what are you staring at?" Mia said. I jump and look to my left. Mia was standing there on her crutches. I smile and let out a chuckle.

"I was just thinking. You ready for dinner?" I ask her.

"Yup" Mia said as she made her way to the hall. I followed her out the door and down the hall.

When we got to the stairs Mia stopped. She turned around and looked at me. I walked up to her and picked her up.

"You don't have to ask. Just hold onto the crutches." I said and made my way down the stairs carrying Mia in my arms. I carried Mia all the way to the kitchen.

When we got there I put her down in a chair at the table. Mia moved herself around and put the crutches next to her.

"Just warn me next time. Can I have one of my pain pills now, the room is starting to spin." Mia said and put her head down on the table.

"What is it your head or leg." I asked.

"Both" Mia said, her head in her arms.

I walked into the kitchen and went to the cabinet. I pulled it open and grabbed a bottle of pills. I opened it and took out two then closed the cabinet. Melissa handed me a bottle of water and I kissed her cheek.

"Dinner is on the table. Want a beer?" Mel asked.

"I'm good." I say and walk back to the table and Melissa followed me.

It looked like Mia was already asleep on the table. I went next to her and patted her back. She jumped and picked her head up.

"You okay?" I asked her.

"I'm just tired." Mia said.

"Here I'm giving you two but you have to eat two pieces of pizza." I said holding the pills out in my hand.

"Fine" Mia said and reached for the pills.

Before Mia can take them, I close my hand. I walk over to my chair and take a seat. I put two pieces of pizza on a plate and set it in front of her.

"Eat first." I say and take my seat across from her.

"Brooke give her one." Melissa said and hit the back of my head.

"Here but you only get the other one after your done with the pizza." I said.

I reached my hand out across the table and handed Mia one of the pills. She took it quickly and put it in her mouth. I pushed the water bottle across the table and Mia took it. She opened it and drank about half of it.

I took a piece of pizza and started eating. Melissa and I made small talk throughout dinner. Mia mostly stayed quite though. When I was done with my second piece Melissa spoke to Mia.

"So Mia do you have plans tomorrow?" Mia looked up from her plate and looked at me. I gave her a small nodded.

"Yea, uhm Demi is taking me to the studio with her tomorrow. She wants me to meet her band." Mia said and finished the second piece. "Can I have the other one now?" Mia asked.

"Yea here you go." I said handing her the pill.

Mia took the pill and swallowed it. She looked at me then at Melissa. She picked up her water bottle and drank the rest of it.

"May I go up to my room please?" Mia asked.

"Sure honey." Melissa said and smiled.

"Want me to carry you up?" I asked.

"Yea I don't think I can make it up the stairs again." Mia said and smiled.

I pushed my chair out and walked over to Mia's side. She moved the chair away from the table and stood up.

"Are you ready this time?" I asked.

"Yea" Mia said and giggled. I picked her up and carried her to the stairs. Mia wasn't that heavy so it didn't really bother me.

When I opened the door to Mia's room I looked down at her. She was already asleep. I walked her over to her bed and gently put her down in bed. I pulled Mia's arm off that was around me and put it down on the bed. I pulled the blankets up around Mia.

"Stay with me." Mia said. "Please?" She said and opened her eyes. "I feel safe when you're around."

"Sure, just let me change first okay?" I said. Mia nodded and closed her eyes.

I walked out of the room and went into mine. I quickly put on a pair of pajama pants and went back into Mia's room. Her eyes watched me as I walked into the room. I made my way to the other side. I climbed into bed and Mia snuggled into my side.

"You're safe now Mia. Nobody is going to hurt you." I said.

"Thank you" Mia said and closed her eyes. I kissed her forehead and Mia fell asleep in my arms.