Chapter 16 Aiden E

Start from the beginning

I didn't get one so I walked in. Mia was still sleeping peacefully in bed. I make my way over to her and sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Mia, honey wake up." I said quietly. Mia groans and rolls away from me.

"Ow" She said.

"Your leg or your head?" I ask.

"Both" Mia says and rolls back around to face me.

"Come on lets go downstairs. Melissa is making dinner and than after I can give you your meds and a shower." I say.

"Can I shower first? I fell gross." Mia said.

"Sure, I'll go get some stuff to wrap your leg up with and I'll help you in." I say.

Mia nods and slowly pulls herself into a seating position. I grab her backpack and hand it to her. She pulls out her clothes and I walk out of the room. I went downstairs to the kitchen. Melissa has food all over the place.

I went under the sink and pulled out a black garbage bag along with a roll of duck tape.

"How's it coming?" I asked.

"It's coming they are about to go into the oven." Melissa said with a smile.

"Okay, I'm going to help Mia take a shower then we'll be down after." I said giving her a kiss on the cheek.

I went back upstairs and met Mia in her room. She was standing looking out the window.

"You ready?" I ask. She turns around and nods.

"What's up with the garbage bag?" Mia asked as she walks into the bathroom.

"I'm going to put your leg in it while you shower so it doesn't get wet, and so I don't have to unwrap and re-wrap the brace." I say.

"Okay" Mia says and sits on the toilet.

"You need to take your shorts off first. The rest you can do in the shower okay?" I ask.

"Yea that's fine." Mia says and starts to take off her shorts.

When there off I sit on the floor in front of her. I open the bag up and pull it over Mia's leg. I fold the top over and grab the duck tape. I stand and start pulling the duck tape off the role.

"Wait, are you using that on my skin?" Mia asks.

"No I'm just doing it at the top of the brace. Sound good?" I ask as I start taping Mia's leg.

I wrap the duct tape around the top of the garbage bag on Mia's leg. When I'm done with the tape I pull Mia up so she is standing. We walk over to the shower and I pull the door open. Thank god we don't have a tub.

"The water should stay warm for a while, use anything you want. I'll be waiting by the toilet." I say. Mia nods and shuts the door.

The water started and I took a seat next to the toilet. My phone went off in my pocket so I looked at it. How's it going up there? Melissa texted. Good she just got in the shower. I responded.

"Mia are you allergic to anything else? Melissa is making dinner." I said.

"Not that I know of, just the eggs." Mia says.

"Okay good. So tell me about yourself." I say.

"I'm 17, my birthday is April 15th, my favorite color is purple, I can play the piano along with the guitar, I graduated high school a year early because I had enough credits, and if you didn't know Demi is my idol." Mia said.

"How did you get your nickname? I've always kind of wondered about that." I said and chuckled.

"My older brother would call me Mia. I don't know why he did but he did. The only people who call me Amanda are my parents. Mia is a completely different person. When I'm 18 I'm legally getting my name changed." Mia said.