Chapter 25 - DARCY

At the mention of there being more Saiyan's everyone froze, there had been no other mention of Saiyan's amongst the group other than Goku's or Vegeta's family. I glanced over at Goku, who'd already glanced my way, he was thinking the same thought as I was, Vegeta couldn't possibly be on about me could he? Only Bulma and he knew.

"Yes, we have another two Saiyan's, they got away from the explosive. From their age I'm guessing they were sent away as babies just like Kakarot was here. They've obviously been able to find each other though, perhaps due to their planet locations. But now they've found their way here." I tried to listen, I tried to understand what Vegeta was saying, but it was no good. My mind couldn't focus, couldn't hold on to the thoughts long enough to grasp control. My lungs were strumming air through them like a guitar, leaving me breathless. I realised this was it, there was no way to run away any longer.

They'd found me.

I grasped at my chest trying to calm myself down, I couldn't draw any attention to myself, I couldn't let these people know. Even from Vegeta's stance now, he meant business. He wasn't going to be taking any precautions with these new people, his only thought was — protect.

It was noble, he had a family to look after, but at the same time the thought was daunting, terrifying even. If this was what he was going to be like with complete strangers, how on earth would be with someone he'd let into his home? But, perhaps... He'd be fine. Vegeta's eyes glanced over at me, before darting off in another direction. Every movement of his left me on edge, I had to be careful.

"I guess we'll have to keep an eye on our new arrivals. At least we know that one of them won't be competing any longer within the tournament." Bulma's rational comment was one we all couldn't ignore. We were very blessed that Brieve had been knocked out by Goku, but that left everyone thinking, 'We do still have Bayon.' I pulled myself away, trying my hardest to bury the comments in my mind, that were floating around amongst the group. All of which were in relation to the new Saiyan's they now had on their planet. My fingers traced the outside of the dewy glass, tracing lines into the water particles. I finally allowed myself to grasp a hold of it and chug down the entire contents in one swift movement. I needed to numb this worry, and dull the pain of knowing it wouldn't be much longer until everyone knew about me as well.

Once the clear liquid made its way to my stomach I pushed the fear down with it, allowing only one emotion to control the rest of my body — courage. Slamming the glass down on to the side I turned to face the kitchen door and took one last deep breath before forcing myself to walk outside. The sky had now fallen to darkness and was being consumed constantly by the black clouds which smothered the stars away from human eyes.

"Guys, I've got something I want to tell you all..." At the very sound of my voice, every stopped in their conversations and offered me their attention. I took full advantage and took one more step outside into the cold bitter air, which was slowly drifting its way around the group.

"There aren't only two Saiyan's on the planet any more. There's three." As the last two words slipped past my lips, I could see the way everyone's brains were ticking, each one processing the meanings of my words.

"Wait, Darcy are you a...?" Videl was the first to speak, her voice barely audible amongst the clattering sound of everyone's brains ticking away.

"I am yes." I nodded doing my best to allow everyone to know how truthful I was being, but as Videl opened her lips again, ready to say another word Vegeta barged his way into the conversation.

"I don't believe you, just because we have actual enemies now does not mean that you have to come up with the same pathetic excuse. You clearly aren't a Saiyan, we would have found out by now." His arms crossed as his words spilled out into the air, you could tell that everyone was questioning my words, but it was true. I was telling the truth, I just needed them to know and understand.