Chapter 07 - GOHAN

"So Gohan, what actually happened in the vision you had?"

Everyones eyes stayed firmly placed on me once Videl had found a seat back down with the women. It was impossible not to feel the tension and understand how crushing it was. This wasn't how the evening was supposed to go, we were supposed to let this topic drift past.

"Fine, I'll tell you all but I don't want to hear a word about it afterwards. Do you understand?" Closing my eyes I knew I'd be safer from their crushing gazes, I brought myself back to the night of the dream, dreading every single second I would have to re-live the moment.

"It happened a few nights ago, me and Videl had gone to bed just like normal and then my sleep started to change. I fell deeper this time, yet I could still feel myself awake..."

"It wasn't supposed to be nightmare but it changed so quickly. We were all at the Tournament, and every single one of us was having the most incredible battles we'd had in the longest time. It was perfect, until Videl went up against an unknown opponent." The very sight of the woman caused my blood to boil, her faded grey eyes were hollow and lifeless. Nothing like we'd seen before, they held nothing. Not even the pure evil that Frieza had once held.

"I thought even though she was new it was all going to be okay, I mean Videl had been training and she was ready for the fight. But I was wrong..." I knew the pause was too much, but I could feel my eyes welling up at the thoughts that were nearing themselves to the front of my mind.

"The fight started out like all of the others, the same moves and even the same tactics but it started to change. I could see that every time the woman hit Videl she was taking the impact far worse than I could have anticipated for. She wasn't as ready as I'd hoped, but then again, the woman was also using dirty tactics. She was pushing Videl to her limits, and pushing her to the edge of the ring, making her have to move more and more to avoid the attacks." I could see everyone watching me, their eyes glued to us. Yet, when I took the chance to gaze over at Videl her eyes were closed with pure rage covering her face. I could see the clenched muscles in her jaw and the way her brows furrowed so deeply together. This was everything she didn't want to happen, but yet she'd been the one to cause the story to be known.

"I kept watching, waiting for the moment that Videl would finally start to get another hit in, but she didn't. She couldn't. Every move she made was not enough, and soon she started to crumble. Her legs crashing against the ground as she tried to keep herself up, but she wasn't strong enough for it. This woman was too powerful and she was beating Videl down." Taking a moment, I took a deep breath preparing myself for the next part and for what was about to happen.

"The fight carried on and soon enough Videl couldn't move, but the woman didn't stop she continued to punch her down, always deeper down into the crater she'd formed. Her attacks draining Videl of any life she had, but it was too much. We couldn't watch any longer so you all stepped in to help. You all argued her point for doing what she'd done, but this woman didn't need to say anything in response. She'd made her point very clear, she was strong and there was nothing that was going to get in her way."

"I thought no, maybe this is our chance to win I ran to help Videl whilst you all took her on, but before I even had a chance to look back, she was already knocking you all down one by one. Even you Piccolo, and you - dad." My eyes drifted to them both, and they stayed looking at me with the same blank stare, waiting patiently for me to continue. With one very deep and heavy sigh I began to carry on.

"Once she'd knocked you all down she turned to face me and Videl, I was holding her praying that she was going to be okay, but her breathing was getting lighter and I couldn't barely keep her alive. I knew the woman was coming for us, but there wasn't anything I could do. The most I could do was defend my wife until my dying breath."