Chapter 0.6

November 2017

|| Marabelle ||

The week before I was due to fly back to Charlotte for Thanksgiving my parents decided to drop by Princeton for a quick visit on their way to Canada because my dad had business up there to attend to.

Bestfriend♥: Tell your parents I say hi and I'll see them at Thanksgiving. I love you ♥ xo

Me: k I will. Love you too sweetie. Xxx

Mallory and Scott drove up to New York to go visit his sister so she's obvs not here to see my parents. Mal and I have only know each other for six years but in those six years we've become so close to each others families that she considers my parents as her second set of parents and I see her mom as my second mom. Her dad passed away a year after she and I met.

Putting my phone down, I headed into the bathroom to shower before getting dressed into a beautiful floral print dress that my mom had sent me a few weeks back and a pair of cute white peeptoe heels.

While I was doing my hair and make-up my phone suddenly rang and it was Freddie calling.

"Heyyy, Peaches," I greeted as I curled my hair.

"My favourite Belle! How are you?"

"Uh, honey, I'm your only Belle...right? I mean, I'd better be..."

"Yeah, you are. But even if I had others, you'd still be the favourite," He laughed.

"Ah, good," I chuckled. "What's up?"

"I was wondering if you're busy this afternoon? I promised Karliegh that I'd get her a new tea set. Problem is, my mom can't come with me to make sure I get the right one. Think you can help me out?"

"Well that depends. If it can wait until I'm done with lunch with my parents then I'd be happy to come help you," I told him.

"Oh, great. Thanks! You're a lifesaver!"

"No problem," I said. "Just text me your address and I'll message you when I'm done with my parents."

"Awesome. Thanks, Belle."

"No problem, Peaches. See you later."

"Bye, Belle."

After ending the call I quickly finished with my hair and make-up before grabbing my purse and car keys before leaving my apartment.

"Marabelle!" My mom's voice chirped as I walked into the restaurant I was due to meet my parents at.

"Momma! Daddy!" I cheered as I approached my parents. My mother immediately pulled me into a tight hug.

"Oh, my sweet babygirl. I've missed you so much!" She said.

"I've missed you too, momma," I said.

"How've you been? Is school going okay? Why are you so thin? Have you been eating well? Marabelle, what do I always tell you?! You don't need to conform to the city life's standards of being stick thin! I hope Mallory doesn't look this way either. Its a good thing you're coming home for Thanksgiving. I'll make all your favourite foods and -"

"Sasha, calm down, sweetheart," Dad said to her with a laugh.

"But look at her, Peter! She looks like she's about to waste away!" Mom huffed.

"But she's still our beautiful girl," Dad chuckled and then pulled me into a hug. "How are you doing, Princess?"

"I'm good, daddy. I miss you guys though," I said as we all sat down at the table.