Chapter Twelve

<Things spoken in Korean will be in italics >

You had gotten to lunch earlier than usual today, hoping to get some time alone to study for a test you had later in the day.

You sat alone at a table quietly eating and looking through your notes, not quite paying attention to what was around you.

"Hello ___." You heard an unfamilar voice say in English, making you jump in your seat. It wasn't until you heard the same comforting giggle that you knew just who it was.

"Hey Donghyuck." You smile, moving your things so he could take the seat next to you. It was the first time you thought about how cute his voice sounded when he spoke in your language.

He sat quiet for a moment, rather awkwardly staring at his laced fingers searching for the right words to say. "I'm learning english." He smiled proudly at himself, and your eyes widen hearing him say this. His R's still needed some work, but otherwise he sounded really good.

After the brief shock that hit you, you ended up just grinning uncontrollably at the cute boy next to you. "Why?"

His eyebrows scrunched together in thought, thinking about how to respond. "For... you?"

"For me?"

"Yes," he nodded confidently. "For you."

Closing your notes, you turn around in your seat completely facing Donghyuck as you spoke slowly in Korean. "I've been working harder on Korean so I can talk to you more."

A slight blush rose upon Donghyuck's cheeks at your words. "T-thank you?

"Yes, thank you Donghyuk." You giggled, playfully poking his blushing cheek.

"Um, t-tomor.. tomorr-" Donghyuck tried to get out, heart pounding as he forgot the word he was struggling to get out.

You helped him. "Tomorrow?"

"Yes!" His eyes lit up. "Tomorrow you come to dance practice?"

"At SM with you guys?" You tried speaking more Korean, feeling bad he was doing all the talking in English.

"Yes! You can watch us practice."

Smiling you nod your head eagerly. "I'd love to."

Donghyuck couldn't help himself as he engulfed you into a large hug, face burried in your hair. He sighed feeling you hug him back, happy to finally have had a conversation with you.

Pulling away eventually, Donghyuck said one more thing in English. "Oh, ___!"

"Hm?" You looked up at him.

"You look nice today."

"Seriously?" You both heard Mark's voice sneak up on you, all the boys suddenly gathering at the lunch table.

"Thank you." You blushed, seeing Donghyuck just smirk evilly up at Mark.

"Aish," Mark sat next to Jeno. "This kid..."