Sixteen

~Jack~

"And now, ladies and gentlemen, our final question. After this question, you may exit this room, and there shall be a new note to the location you will need to go to next."

There was nothing that could've prepared us for what happened next. This final question would leave us with so much chaos, with so much confusion. It would leave us with more questions than answers.

"Maria... do you know who I am?"

We both suddenly turned to her, to see her jaw widely opened.
"How dare you!" She yelled. "We had a deal!"
"Wait wait wait, Maria, what?" I came to realize what this question meant, and was immediately bewildered.
"Yeah, what?" Mark yelled, who showed what he was filled with nothing but rage.
"I... I know who has your son. Our sons."

All of a sudden, all of our restraints loosened, and there was a click of the door unlocking to set us free.

"Oh, and Maria... if you give what you know away, you know what will happen to Andy."

"You son of a bitch!" Mark yelled, darting towards Maria. Not knowing what Mark planned on doing to her, I restrained him before he could do anything.
"Mark, you need to calm down!" I barked, as Mark was doing everything he could to escape from my grasp.
"No! She knows who has Chase! She knows!" He began to cry, still attempting to charge at her.
"I-I'm really sorry! I..." She trailed off, small tears forming in her eyes.
"You can't hurt her, Mark." I told him.
"Yeah, you're right! I can't do anything until she fucking tells me who has him!" He was yelling at the top of his lungs. "How could you do this to us? We've been going on a wild chase to figure out who has our boy and you knew who it was all this time?! You liar! You... you..."

Mark had lost it. However, I couldn't really stop it. I had never seen Mark this mad in my entire life. It was kinda... scary.

"Maria, you are coming in for questioning, that's for damn sure!" He yelled, cuffing Maria and dragging her out the door. He angrily grabbed the note placed outside the door, as I followed him and Maria to the car.

*****

"How long?" Mark loudly asked, nearly slamming her into the chair.
"How long? What do y-"
"How long have you known?" Mark yelled, clenching his fists.
"Since... since the beginning." She gulped.
"So all this time, us going to all those locations, you knew? You knew who had our son?"
"Y-yes. But let me expl-"
"No! You only get to explain what I WANT you to explain."

Mark took a large, deep breath, and put his hands behind his head in frustration. He then rushed up to Maria and pulled her by the collar of her shirt.
"Who? Who has him?" He barked.
"I-I can't tell you!"
"So you fucked me and Sean over, and now you're resisting every opportunity to make things right?!"

Maria frowned, and opened her mouth, but was unable to say anything.
"I will ask again! Who has my son, Maria? Or is that even your real name?" He retorted.
"It's... it's not."
"What the fuck?! What is it? Tell me who you are!"
"Elena. My name is Elena."
"Elena. Fuckin' wonderful." He muttered.
"Look, there was a reason why I didn't say what I knew. Why I can't say anything now." She informed.
"Well at least tell me that." Mark groaned.

"He... as you know, he has my son. Well... he said he needed me to follow you along on your journey. To keep tabs on you, to let him know where you both were at all times. And when I refused, he told me that if I didn't..." Elena began to tear up, her body beginning to lightly shake. She then wiped her tears away and continued.
"If I didn't do what he said, he would kill my son."

There was a long pause, and then she continued.
"I wanted to help, I really did. So I tried my best to point you all in the right direction without upsetting him. I'm... I'm so sorry."

For me, I had felt pity for her. I understood that she was merely doing what she could to protect the person she loved. Yes, she did a very bad thing that is all forms of betrayal, but when you want to protect something, you'll do anything to do so. So for that... I forgave her. I understood her.

Mark, however, couldn't see it the way I saw it.

"Tell me who's doing this, Elena. Please." He pleaded.
"Mark, you know I can't do that." She protested.
"Elena, I am tired of this shit!" Mark then pins her to the wall, earning a gasp from Elena.
"I care about my son too much to let you get away with this. You need to stop being selfish and give us the truth!"
"Selfish? You think I'm SELFISH? I am protecting my son! You would do the same!"

There was a long silence after that. Mark had lost himself, and all I could do, or really bring myself to do, is watch. Abruptly, Mark breaks the silence.

"Leave." Mark coldly ordered.
"W-what? I can't-"
"If you're not going to give us the information we need, then go."

Elena was speechless. She couldn't bring herself to fight back anymore. Without a word, she grabbed her belonging and walked out the door, leaving only two people to find out where our son is.

*****

Sooooo what do you think about this new information, guys?! Did you expect this, or did you think she was the killer? Or is she still the Rainfall Killer? Tell me in the comments!

If you enjoyed this, spread the word! Love you guys so much and have a great day!