Eight

~Jack~

We gazed over Bob's body, Mark barely being able to keep it together. This was going to be hard for him. I felt bad, because I wasn't in the same state he was in. Bob was a really good friend of mine, too, but I promised myself that I wouldn't falter. I did this once, I can do it again. We're going to get our son back.

"So... What do we check first?" Maria questioned, moving around the body as if she were death, taking him away. But that had already happened.
"Well..." I squinted my eyes, trying to find things out of place. "Hey, there's that same triangle again!" I pointed to the triangle on Bob's uniform, which was right over where his heart is.
"So that must be the killer's symbol..." Maria put together.

Mark sat in a chair near him, placing his hands on his head, sighing heavily.
"You've gotta stay strong, Mark." I lightly scolded him.
"I can't!" He yelled menacingly. I took a shocked breath, and sighed soon after.
"Mark, I'm sorry, but you've just have to keep it together if you want to get your son back!"
"How are YOU keeping it together? It's like you don't even know what happened!"
"What do you mean? I'm WELL AWARE of what happened." I began to get agitated with him. We had never really fought before.
"Well apparently you never cared about Bob then." He took a step up to me, looking scarier than I had ever seen him before.
"I cared for him as much as you did! I'm just trying to make everything better! I didn't ask for this!" I yelled at him now, feeling my anger spread across my face.
"It's not going to get better. We aren't going to be happy after all this." He told me. I frowned, continuing to examine Bob's body.

"I'm going to pretend that you didn't say that, love." I groaned, trying to focus.
"Just like you pretend to care about Bob and Wade." He shouted at me.
"That's it!" I called out. "We're going to have a chat when we get home! Now if you're going to help, then help. If you're going to complain about how life isn't fair and how hard your life is, then go home and cry about it in one of your fucking milestones!" I immediately put my hand over my mouth, realizing how mean I was being to Mark. I saw a tear fall down his face, as I stood there, not knowing what to say.

"Mark, I-"

He didn't say a word; he merely exited the room. I gave a large sigh of grief, as I began to do his job. I felt bad, but this isn't about us, it's about our son. I would just have to deal with him later.

"Does... Does he have a wallet on him?" Maria asked, attempting to break the silence in the room. I checked one of Bob's pockets, and pulled old his oldish looking wallet. I opened it up, revealing a single business card.
"Freddy Fazbear's?" Maria questioned
"I know the place! We used to go there... That's where Mark was kidnapped..."
"I'm... So sorry. Uh... Is there anything else on it?" She asked. I flipped the card over, and read the writing in sharpie on the card aloud.

"It was all me even then...?" I read.
"What does that even mean?" She asked.
"I have no idea. But that's our only lead, so... That's where we need to go. As soon as I talk to Mark, though."
"Right. Call me when you guys are ready."
"Got it."

*****

I walked in to the home, looking at Mark silently sobbing on the couch. I didn't even say anything, and just looked at him. He suddenly realized my presence, and stared at his hands.

"I just... Miss him. I miss him so much." I muttered through his tears. I gave a light sigh, and sat down next to him.
"I know Mark. But you've gotta power through it! It's what he'd want." I rubbed his back, trying to calm him down.
"I... I get that. I'm just upset for saying those things I said to you."
"It's fine, Mark. I'm sorry too."

Mark hugged me, sinking his weight into my shoulder.
"I love you, Jack. I don't want to fight with you like that ever again."
"Well, let's not do that again." I laughed.
"Right." Mark smiled, and planted a kiss on my cheek. I blushed, and placed a kiss on his lips.
"Up bright and early tomorrow, sound good?" He asked.
"Definitely. Hopefully Chase is still ok."
"We can only hope. He's a strong kid."

*****

Hey guys! Sorry, I kinda had to rush to get this out... But I hope you guys liked it anyway!

How do you think Chase is doing? What do you think is happening to him right now? And as always... Who do you think is the killer? Answer in the comments, and if you liked this chapter, show me some love and hit that favorite button!

I love you guys!