Ten

~Mark~

We arrived at Freddy Fazbear's, the uneasiness settling in as the sight of where I was kidnapped taking control of my nerves.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Jack asked with a concerned look on his face.
"I'm fine." I answered. I wasn't very sure of my answer, though. We stepped inside the restaurant, and I could feel shivers down my spine. It's hard to imagine what the feeling is like when you return to where you were kidnapped.

"So... Do we just go and talk to someone?" Jack asked. "I mean, this place has to do with what's been going on, so..."
"I was thinking we could try to force them into an answer. Ya know, scare them like we did at the dealership." Maria suggested.
"Let's try it until it stops working, I guess."

They both nodded, as we all spotted a waitress, who was serving a table of children. It was the only employee we saw, so we asked for the manager. She squinted at us, then nodded, most likely knowing who we were. She pointed to a door towards the back of the restaurant, and we briskly walked to the back of the food place.

As we entered the room, I felt my body start to break into sweat, my mind feeling the tension of my memories. I could hardly see, my eyes not wanting to know what was going to happen. But I gathered my courage, and faced what had lied ahead.

There was one in the room, the only thing looking remotely interesting was the painting of a stormy night, the rain captivating the entire canvas. I gulped, as we all began to look for something that could lead us elsewhere.

"Hey guys, I found something!" Jack told us, removing the painting from the wall. Behind the painting was a note of black, neat handwriting. Jack lightly took it off the wall, and read it aloud.
"You ruined me. Why did you have to foil my plans, Jack? Now your beloved son shall pay the price. Good luck finding him."
"Jack, I-"
"Hey, is there writing on the back?" Maria asked, pointing to the note.
"Oh, uh, yup. It's the next address we need."
"Where does it go?"
"Well, it says 4588 Horse Ride Lane. Maybe a farm or something?"
"We'll have to see, I guess. Are you ready, you guys?" I asked. They both nodded, and we quickly ran out of where everything seemed to have began.

*****

"Are we thereeeee yet?" Jack smiles, nudging my shoulder while I was driving.
"Ugh! No, we're not."
"How about nooow?"
"No."
"Now?"
"No."
"Now?"
"No!"
"Jack, in about two seconds I'm about to slap you." Maria laughed, triggering both of us to laugh along with her.

About five minutes later, we arrived at a farm that gave me goosebumps. I didn't know why, but I just didn't have a good feeling about this place. A scarecrow loomed over the slightly-desolate corn field, and the cows filled the air with the smell of manure.

We noticed a white, rusted truck parked next to a decent-sized house, and a black cat staring at the three of us as we pulled in. We stepped out of the car, and walked to the door of the house.
"Hello?" Jack called out as he knocked on the half-busted door. Suddenly, an old man appeared at the door, his cane dragging him to us.
"What brings you here, gentlemen? Milady..." He smirked at Maria, tipping his cowboy hat a slight bit. Maria frowned and shook her head to herself, wanting to get right to business.
"Hi, I'm Maria, and these are my two associates: Mark and Jack."

His eyes suddenly opened wide, as he stroked his beard in thought.
"Oh. I see... Right this way. Come in, come in!"
He nearly dragged us through the door, directing us towards a small couch. We all sat down, getting out notepads and pens out of our pockets.

"So, we wanted to ask you a few questions, if that would be alright, sir." Maria cracked her knuckles, getting ready to jot down information.
"Ask away, ma'am." He smiled, placing his hand on her shoulder in a flirtatious way. She gulped, indicating that she was uncomfortable. I knew this guy was going to be nothing but trouble. Trying to act as if this wasn't weird, I nodded at Maria to ask the questions.
"Sir, take me through your typical day. What do you normally do?"
"Well, I usually go and take care of my farm!" He said with a chuckle. "Sometimes my son will come up with his children to visit, but other than that, every day is the same."
"Ok. And what is your son's name, sir?"
"Caleb. He's a complex boy... always looked like he was thinkin', ya know?"

I immediately felt my heart drop. I looked over at Jack, who had the same expression as me. I quickly chimed in, to see if our suspicion was true.
"A-and what's your name, sir?" I asked
"Francis Fields." He answered. "Come to think of it, Caleb usually comes once a year... I wonder what he's been up to."

I felt chills go up my spine. This guy was related to Caleb? I felt sick to my stomach, knowing what had happened to him. I looked over to Jack, who was practically shivering at this point.
"Sir, I.... I don't exactly know how to tell you this. It's strange that you were not told of this sooner, but... your son passed away, quite some time ago." I told him. There was nothing but silence in the room. The man looked down, not knowing what to say. He was in pain, he just didn't know how to express it.
"Sir, I know this isn't easy to-"
"No. N-no, I'm fine. I just... could I talk to the girl upstairs, please?" He asked.
"O-of course." Maria answered endearingly. The both walked upstairs, and I looked at Jack, who scooted over to me and hugged me.

"I know that must've been hard." Jack said after a long silence.
"Yeah. I just... it must suck for him."
"I know. Let's just-"
"Ahhhh! Get off me!" I heard Maria scream.

*****

I'm so sorry this took so long. I felt so terrible for keeping you guys waiting for this chapter. But I hope you liked it just as much. I love you guys so much!