Twelve

~Jack~

"Go go go!" I chanted as Maria and I rushed inside to Mark's location. It was an abandoned studio of some sort, as if was a dance studio once. It appeared to be isolated, in a more spread out area in town. I looked around, to make sure there was no one following us. There was no one around, and it was silent. Too silent.

Out of the corner of my eye, I notices a small, hard to see camera, which I assumed was one of the cameras the psychopath was using to watch us. Annoyed, I shot it, and continued to run inside.

We both bursted through the door, and immediately spotted Mark, who was covered in what appeared to be blood. I looked around the room, to find twenty, maybe even thirty people  dead on the ground around him.  My jaw dropped a bit at the horrific scene.

I could do nothing but just stare at Mark, who was panting heavily, and seemed just as surprised as we were. His body looked weak, and I could see the tiredness in his eyes. His hair was really messy, and his face was stained red from all the blood.

"Mark... wh-what happened?"
"I... I... ugh..." he muttered out, as he fainted right into my arms.
"We've gotta get him to the hospital." Maria barked.
"Let's hurry."

*****

~Mark~

I looked at the slip of paper with the address, and then confirmed I was in the right place. It appeared to be an unused, vacant building, that if it was cleaned up a bit, you could put it up for sale. The building did not have any windows which not only puzzled me, but creeped me out as well.

As much as I want Jack to be safe, I really hope that this isn't as bad as I think it's going to be...

I entered the building, to find a note delicately placed on a small table. I picked up the note, and read it to myself.

Aww, sorry Mark! You got the bad location. I would love for you to continue your little "quest" to find me, but I'm afraid your journey might end here.

Best of luck, Mark.

I threw the note down, and quickly pulled my gun out, as people from all directions surrounded me. Some held knives, others had swords, some had guns.

This does NOT look good.

Knowing that the men with the guns could easily take me out, I got them first. I aimed my gun at each one briskly, and got each and every one of them. One in the chest, one in the head, another one in the head, I lost track in the heat of the moment.

One of the men with a sword charged right at me, and I dodged the sword just in time. I punched him straight in the jaw, sending him back and left his sword flying. I lunged for the sword, and barely grabbed it with my fingers. I pulled it into my hands, and put the sword right in the man's chest.

Three more of the men with swords charged directly at me, and I backed up a bit, then blocked all three swords with mine. I then pushed back so hard that all three swords went flying. They all abruptly backed up, two of them fleeing the scene immediately. The last one loitered too long, so I slashed him right in the back, making him yell and fall dramatically to the floor.

There was about ten more left, all of them with knives. Seeing as though they had to come up close to attack me, they all attacked at once. The ones in front of me I easily took out with one simple swing. I wanted to vomit, for I decapitated them with this one swing, but I had no time to react.

All of a sudden, I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder. I let out a cry of pain, as I felt the knife go deeper into my left shoulder. I didn't manage to get the two remaining people. Weakened, I backed up from them, almost tripping over some of the bodies. Both of them snickered a bit, as they slowly walked up to me, thinking they had already won. But with the last of my strength, with a knife still in my shoulder, I stabbed one straight in the chest, watching him slowly falter to the ground.

The last one backed up, afraid of what I was going to do.
"Do... you... wanna... be next?" I managed to get out. He quickly stormed out, not wanting to receive a fatal blow.

I just stood there, and looked around me, panting from exhaustion. I couldn't believe I survived. I could've died there. But... I didn't. I couldn't wrap my head around it at the time.

I groaned in pain, looking at the knife that was still implanted in my shoulder. It looked brutal, but definitely not as brutal as what everyone else in the room got.

I needed to take the knife out. I couldn't just leave it there. I gathered up every once of strength I managed to have left, and gripped the handle of the knife.

Alright Mark... on the count of three. One... two... three!

I yanked the knife out of my shoulder, yelling due to the pain in the process. Once it was out, I could feel the blood dripping down my back, and down my arm.

Moments later, I saw Maria and Sean burst through the door in the attempt to come and save me.

"Mark... wh-what happened?" Jack asked in a worried tone, looking around him.
"I... I... ugh..." I fainted, as I had no more strength within me.

*****

I'm baaaaack! Sorry this took forever, I haven't been on wattpadd in a long time. I'll try my best to be on more so I can give out more chapters. I love y'all so much! Thanks for reading!