Fifthteen

~Jack~

"Alright, for this next round, we are going to start off with Sean." The voice called out in a chipper tone. I nodded in confidence, prepared for anything the killer was going to throw at me.

"Sean... what is your least favorite thing about Mark?" The voice asked.
"Wh-what?"
"Do I sound like someone who likes to repeat myself?"
"N-no, I just... I love everything about hi-"

All of a sudden, I felt as if I was getting stabbed all across my body. The shock I was given was the most excruciating physical pain I had ever felt in my entire life. I yelled out in pain, probably louder than I had ever yelled, even in comparison to my videos.

"Oh Jack," the voice said, laughing. "I don't stop shocking you until you give me an answer that satisfies me. So if I were you, I would stop being incompetent and answer the question."
"Jack! Fuck, just say something. Anything!" Mark pleaded.

"U-uh... well, I hate how much better you are at everything. Like, no matter how much I try, no matter what I do... I will always see you as better than me." I replied, slightly becoming upset.
"Jack, I-"
"Very well. Mark, your turn." The voice interrupted him. "Mark, if you had to marry anyone else other than Jack, who would it be?"

I gulped, feeling my face sting from anticipation. I had never asked him that question. I never even thought of what his answer would be, and I didn't want to hear the answer. I didn't want to know who Mark would want to be with if something happened between us. I closed my eyes tightly, not wanting to unleash any tears.

"If I HAD to marry someone else... it would have to be Felix. I wouldn't want to marry anyone else, but if I had to."

There was a short pause, where no one said anything, not even the voice. Mark looked over to me, and gave me a saddened look, obviously feeling guilty for giving any answer at all. I gave him a small nod, letting him know that it was ok.

Breaking the silence was the sound of electricity, coursing through Mark's body. Mark yelled in pain, for the voltage seemed twice as painful as the last shock he had received.

"Hey! He answered the question!" I called out in anger.
"Shut up, or else you will get shocked too." The voice threatened. I pursed my lips, not saying another word.

"Here is the next question for our final participant."

Maria shook her head, annoyed by the entire situation. She clears her throat, getting ready to answer her next question.

"Do you have a secret admiration for someone? If so, who is it?"

Maria's face turned a light pink, as I could hear her gulp from nervousness.
"What are you talking about? I-"
"You know exactly what I am talking about." The voice interrupted. I saw Maria look around in panic, trying to figure out a way to get out of the question.
"This is stupid!" She blurted out.
"Answer the question." The voice commanded. Maria sighed, accepting that she couldn't get out of the question.

"I... Mark. I have a thing for Mark." She sighed, not even able to look at him.
"Wait, really?" Mark asked out of shock.
"J-just... shut up. Please." She groaned, as I saw her embarrassment on her face.

I didn't really know how to feel about it. I knew that Mark was mine... however, I couldn't help but to feel bad for Maria. That being said, some part of me felt in competition with her, for some reason I couldn't put my finger on.

Anyway, needless to say, I was shocked to know that she had feelings for him.

"Alright everyone! Here are the final questions for all of you!" The voice said with enthusiasm.
"About time." Maria rolled her eyes, moving slightly to become more comfortable in her restraints. "Let's finish this."

"Sean... if you got to save only one person in that room, who would you select?"

Although the answer was simple, I felt bad for Maria. She lost her wife and I sensed that she most likely felt like the expendable link to our team.

"I would save Mark. For sure." I answered.
"Very well." The voice responded with a slight sigh. "Now Mark, it is now your turn. Would you sacrifice yourself to save your son?"

Mark looked at me, with worry all over his face. I frowned, not knowing if the voice was foreshadowing our fates.

"Yes, I would.  I would do anything to save my son." He answered. He sighed, and gave an abrupt attempt to shake out of his restraints. Soon after, he gave up, and looked over at Maria, who looked rather weak at the moment.

"And now, ladies and gentlemen, our final question. After this question, exit this room and there shall be a new note to the location you will need to go to next."

There was nothing that could've prepared us for what happened next. This final question would leave us with so much chaos, with so much confusion. It would leave us with more questions than answers.

*****

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! There shall be a lot of surprises to come, so I hope you all are ready!

What do you think is Maria's final question? Were you surprised that Maria had feelings for Mark? And also... who do you think is the Rainfall killer? Answer in the comments below!

If you enjoy this book, you don't have to favorite it, but feel free to spread word of "It's Gonna Rain Tonight"! Love you guys so much! Thank you!