6

It's like he was everywhere. He could never get away from him.

God hates me.

Brendon widened his eyes as he stared across the room at none other than Mr. Weekes.

What's he doing in a place like this? Why here at the same time I'm here? Wasn't he supposed to be sick today? And...who's that girl he's sitting with…

Brendon felt slightly jealous of the girl sitting across from Dallon.

Maybe she's just his sister...or a family friend.

It had gotten to the point where Brendon had been staring for too long. Snapping back into reality, he noticed his parents trying to get his attention.

“Brendon are you alright? Foods here already…” his mom told him.

“Oh. Yeah I'm fine, sorry.” he mumbled. He looked back up to where Dallon was sitting and noticed that Dallon had been staring at him back.

Turning red almost immediately, Brendon grabbed his glass of water and drank it as fast as he could, his parents looking at him like he was crazy.

“Son are you sure you're alright? You're as red as this table cloth!” his dad asked.

“Yeah I'm fine...it's just a bit hot in here...that's all.” He lied.

Well, maybe the temperature isn't hot but someone in here sure is.

Taking one more look at Dallon, he awkwardly smiled and pulled at his shirt collar.  
Then he noticed that Dallon had been mouthing something.

Backroom...why backroom? Wait no...bathroom.

He wanted to meet Brendon in the bathroom.

Fuck.

“U-uhm I’m just gonna use the restroom and put cool water on my face. I'll be back quick.” Brendon quickly got up and clumsily made his way to the bathroom.

Even the bathrooms are fancy as shit holy fuck.

He stood there awkwardly by the sink waiting for Dallon, not really knowing what to do.

A few more seconds passed and finally Dallon walked through the door.

They had about a 3 minute stand off, just looking at each other not knowing what to say.

“Fancy seeing you here…” Dallon said quietly.

“What happened to being too sick to work today?” Brendon shot out. He was sort of angry with Dallon, but he didn't know why.

“Sometimes I need a break that's all, kid.” the taller chuckled.

Brendon sighed and nodded his head.

Why am I getting so worked up over this? He's just my teacher.

“I guess you're right. But Mr. Weekes you made me miss out on my lovely tutoring time with you.” he joked.

“I'm sure you're so disappointed Brendon. We can work on it tomorrow I'm sure you're dying to go over that test and-”

“Brendon are you in here? Your food is getting cold.”

It was Brendon's dad.

Fuck.

“Brendon seriously what are you- oh? Who's this man you're talking to?” Brendon was tempted to crawl out the small window on the other side of the bathroom.