How much do you love her? [Reilin]

The night air was gentle, ruffling the fluffy grass softly, singing soothly. Stars dappled the dark blue sky, lighting it up and giving it life. Nocturnal animals come out to hunt, their eyes glowing in the moonlight.

On a porch to a small house in the middle of the wide, vast open meadows, sits a young man in a rocking chair, with a small child that looks like a small replica of himself wrapped in his arms. The chair creeks back in forth against the old, chipped wood, sending echoes into the night air.

"Another story, another story!" Prince protests joyfully, clapping his small hands.

"Alright, just one more." Rollan smiles softly, gazing out into the empty hills. He thinks for a moment, until the perfect tale comes to mind. "This one is from when I got the Sunset Death on our way to get the Slate Elephant from Dinesh."

The young child blinks up at his father with wide eyes, ready to hear the story.

"When I got the Sunset Death, I felt so cold. So, so, very cold. As if someone trapped me underwater in Arctica." He begins and shudders, like he could feel the coldness he was describing. "Conor, Abeke, Tarik, and Lishay left to go find the cure for me. But Meilin stayed. She seemed so confident that I would make it, even though my face was paler than snow and I could barely move. She sat beside me while the others searched urgently for banana gourdes.

"I honestly don't know who else I would've wanted beside me then. Sure, I would've wanted Tarik or Conor or Abeke with me, but if anyone asked me who I wanted to see, she would be my first pick." Rollan looks down at his small son with a smile. He opens his mouth to continue, but Prince interrupts him.

"Daddy?"

"..yes, Prince?"

"How much do you love Mommy?" Prince asks, gazing up at him. "Like this much?" He spreads open his arms as much as he could.

Rollan chuckles. "How much do I love Mommy? Well..." His eyes become distant, like he was seeing something no one else could. "I love her so much, no length on Earth could show it." He smiles at his son.

"Even more than Essix? Or stew?" Prince gasps, his mouth shaping into an O.

His father laughs loudly. "Just right above them, yeah."

"You love Mommy that much, Daddy?"

"Indeed I do, Prince."

A young woman opens the door leading out to the porch, poking her head out. "What are you two still doing out here? Hurry up and get inside before you get cold!"

"Aw, but Mommy, it's not even cold! Honest-" Prince breaks off, his teeth chattering.

Rollan gets up, grinning at his wife. "It's hotter than blazes out here, actually. I've been sweating out here all night!"

She rolls her eyes and picks up Prince who had run over to meet his mother.

"Then I guess you're okay with sleeping out here then, eh?"

"Well I wouldn't go that far, Meilin." He says in fake horror, stepping inside.

Meilin smiles, propping up her son in her arms. "Whatever you say, honey."

Rollan's cheeks turn a little red at the pet name, shifting a bit. "I thought you were done teasing me with that name." He secretly liked it but would never admit it.

"Okay then, babe." She responds, kissing Prince's forehead before putting him down. He runs off to a room, laughing all the way.

"Oh, stop it you." Rollan scoffs playfully, going behind her and wrapping his arms around her smaller frame. "One of these days I will pay you back for this."

Meilin grins, turning her head slightly to look at him. "Oh no, how? By also calling me 'honey' and 'babe'?"

"Nah, I'll just randomly attack you and torture you with my bad jokes." Rollan smirks and gives her a peck on the cheek.

"You know, as much as you get on my nerves, I love you Rollan." She says quietly, as if afraid to say it.

"Lucky for you Meilin, because I love you too." He rests his head on her shoulders, smiling.

------

eek that was probably really bad but whatever lmfao

I had this really strong urge to write and it's midnight here so wHY NOT WRITE A FANFIC ABOUT MY FAVORITE SHIP LMAOO

If anyone's wondering why I named him Prince, I made a cat version of their son and one of my friends on Facebook suggested I name him that! I liked it and decided to go with it.

   this

is kinda an alternate modern universe I guess? But with the same  storyline and stuff.

In this story Rollan is 24 while Meilin is 23, their son is 3 years old 

Even though they are married Rollan and Meilin still get flustered when expressing affection to each other on certain occassions (even though they have a son LOL) but Rollan doesn't hesitate to tackle Meilin with surprise hugs or kisses.

What do you guys think? Should I write more of this? And what ship should I do next (No Shanbeke please sorry but I hate that ship uRgh)