Buttons and Veela

Start from the beginning

            George swore and almost smacked himself in the face when he realized that he had something that could help. "Pansy reach into the front pocket and pull out the immobilizer."

            Pansy furrowed her brows. Why did George have an immobilizer? That product was still in its testing stages. As far as she knew, it wasn't even close to being finished. She quickly reached into his pockets. She almost just ripped off his pants and trousers in the process. Muggle trousers were seriously odd.

            "Grab hold of me when you use it. Press the red button in the center." George yelled as he dived slightly when he could feel air whiz by.

            Pansy frowned at the immobilizer. This was an entirely different design as well. This was a square black box with a giant red button in the center. What had George been doing? She grabbed hold of his arm and then pressed the button. There was a loud noise that made everyone wince and want to cover their ears.

            George breathed a sigh of relief when it worked like it was supposed to. Everyone but him and Pansy were frozen. He had no idea where Narcissa was but Lucius and the Veela were all frozen in midair. Which had been good timing because all three Veela had been circling Lucius. Now that he could actually see the Veela without fear of getting hurt, he was impressed that Lucius had been able to spot them. They were definitely ancient Veela. He had seen photos during an assignment for school and they had always stuck out to him. He couldn't believe that he was actually witnessing one.

            Pansy quickly bound the Veela as a precaution but also shot stunners at them in case the immobilizing charm wore off. George sighed again in relief. He felt the tension leave his shoulders. He flew them close to Lucius and unfroze him.

            Lucius jerked on the broom and looked around wildly. He leaned back in surprise when he realized how close George and Pansy were to him. Didn't they realize how impolite it was to invade someone's space like that? He suddenly looked around again when he realized that he had been diving to avoid one or more of the Veelas. His eyes widened when he saw that they were frozen and roped. What the hell? Had something happened to him? Surely he would have seen them binding the Veela. How in the world had they done that anyways?

            Narcissa stopped her broom the second the wind stopped sucking her out. She looked around quickly and realized that she couldn't see them anymore. She wanted to fly down close to sea level but she was worried that she had just been sucked into another cage. She quickly ripped off a button and duplicated it many times. Narcissa dropped one and watched as it fell steadily before there was a plop that indicated it hit the ocean. She bit her lip as she threw one above her and on both sides. Only one button hit something and she knew that it was the cage. She had somehow managed to get on the outside of the cage. She threw the last button in a diagonal direction, she hadn't been paying attention to where it landed, since she was debating about going low.

            Fred had managed to get Severus to stop the boat. They were all wary about leaving when they couldn't see the rest of the group. He had heard Pansy scream and he feared that something was wrong. He held out his hand for Blaise to hold on to. He knew that his lover was probably terrified. Fred looked up wishing that he could see what was happening to them. He was about to sit down when something smacked him in the forehead.

            "Ow. That fucking hurt." Fred half yelled. He grabbed the offending object and realized that it was a button.

            Remus and Severus turned immediately when they heard Fred yell. They had expected to see something. They just didn't think it would be a button. "Why did you yell?" Severus asked with an arched brow.