Chapter 6

Previously on Forgotten, chapter 5...

Shaking your head to yourself, you as quietly as possible stepped back to get away, but as you turned around your body froze and you were met with an arrow pointed straight between your eyes.
Your eyes widened as you stared up to a glowing green transparent figure who had a navy veil which covered the whole of his face except his eyes. His eyes were narrowed and the skin around them seemed green and dull.
His bow was loaded with a sharp and ready arrow pointed straight at you. If he let his fingers- those who held onto the end of the arrow and string- go, it would be the end of you.
    Holding your breath, you knew you were f*cked. You slowly raised your hands up at the sides of your head, and stood up. The arrow's tip followed your movement.
There was a moment of silence, when the both of you simply made eye contact and stared at each other.
You decided to try and explain yourself, apologize, or just do anything to get yourself out of the mess and try to make it seem like you weren't just spying on them.
Your mouth opened though there was no time for words, as the man in front of you started to step up towards you. Because of the arrow being so close to you, you had to step back for every step he took forward. You really didn't want to get poked in the glabella.
Soon you found yourself moving out of the bushes and into the clearing because of this man. All eyes could see you now. You felt humiliated, for being caught. But even more, you felt nervous and scared. How were you supposed to play this off. And the spine chilling voice behind you didn't help.
"Well, well. What do we have here."

o~O~o

The air around you was cold. It was corrupted and foul in a human's lungs. The mere essence of these... ghosts, was overtaking. It was never your intention or goal of being surrounded by 6 of them. You had no plan of wishing to even meet them in such an unnerving way. One's bow was pointed straight at you. The other five watched. One spoke behind you, and you had yet to answer. Yet to turn around. You didn't. Your body was frozen, and eyes were locked to the ground below you. Raised up, your hands created a slight tremble.
You took in as much of the frozen air as you could into your body, breathing in through your nose. You slowly exhaled after a couple seconds. Although most of your body wasn't able to move, at least you remembered how to breathe.
"I caught her in the bushes, spying," the ghost in front of you explained in an unamused tone.
You slowly averted your eyes up to the ghost that spoke, and met his eyes. You regretted it. His eyes were cold and cruel, just like the tone of his words. Shifting your gaze away awkwardly, you quietly and steadily started to turn around, to see the other ghosts. You made sure your actions were slow and careful. You didn't want them thinking you were going to suddenly pull out a weapon or attack them.
"[y/n]?" Caseem's voice was heard, and you looked over to him. His eyes- unlike the other's- were surprised and filled with confusion. Almost the same amount of confusion you bore as well. He stepped up to you, walking away from the ghost that was sitting in the grass. It looked like he was trying to meditate- before you interrupted him with your entrance.
Caseem examined you, his eyes narrowing and turning away, to someone not too far from you, "You got her caught up into this mess?" he questioned with a hint of aggression.
Your eyes traveled over away from the ghost to the grass, to one that was leaning against a tree. She was watching you- just like the rest- with a venomous stare you could see from the couple yards away she was.

Your body tensed up as you saw a hand reach in front of you in the corner of your eyes, and you quickly drew attention on it, though did not move a muscle. The hand was murky and dull, transparent. It reached over and let itself wrap around the crystal that got you into this whole mess from the beginning. It was wrapped around your neck- since you didn't really know were the best spot it would be. At least around your neck it wouldn't get lost. Your breath was caught as you felt the silky ribbon wrapped around in a silver wire be tugged at your neck.
Watching the hand turn the crystal with interest, you did not say a word. The ghost which did so examined it from all angles, before stopping at where the small crack was. You heard the same voice that you heard when you first made your appearance to them all. It was soft and quiet, lost in thought almost, "Ah.. so you used the crystal. Interesting," he said.
The hand slowly pulled back. Silence followed. Taking this opportunity, you decided to risk it again, and you began turning your body once more. You slowly turned it in the direction were the hand came from. Nobody spoke, so the ghost most likely was waiting for you to turn to meet his figure. With this thought, you gently increased your speed in the turning.
Once facing him, your eyes- which were currently lowered- had the urge to look up at the figure. You stared at his feet for another second. He had on black boots, his green aura visible, and his transparency not unnoticeable. Your eyes started the slow process of scaling up his body.