Chapter 1

It was peaceful, the water enclosing around you and fondling with your clothes.
You sunk deeper into the body of water, flowing down towards the pit.
It felt nice, not having to do anything. Not having to worry about breathing.
All attention was turned to your mind, and your thoughts. Your memories. The memories that you have selfishly kept trapped in a cage. Your heart.
Bubbles filled with air inside escaped your nose and parted lips, as your lungs filled with water that your body couldn't stop it.

You didn't want to awake. You didn't want to return. You didn't feel the need. Haven't you accomplished everything already? What more was there for you? For your, destiny.

But then you remembered him. You hesitated, with a painful confusion and surprisingly... regret.

You decided to recollect your thoughts. Your memories from the way beginning of your adventure. The beginning between the both of you. All those years... how long ago was it? 40? No, 50 years? It was difficult to remember. But such things didn't matter no longer.

Let's start from the beginning, shall we?

-

The sun was slowly inching closer to the horizon as the day went on. The sky has dulled from blue to a yellowish and orange tint. There were no clouds in the sky.
Birds chattering and chirped together as they sat on the branches of the dead tree next to the entrance of the dojo. A couple squirrels were chasing each other around the trunk of the tree, bickering at each other.

It was a peaceful and warm day in Ninjago, and the students were playing ball in the clearing of the dojo.
They were in a circle, and bouncing, kicking, and throwing a dark red ball to each other and laughing. Chanting and challenging.
That was of course, all except one. One that was in the clearing on the other side, keeping to himself.
He was facing a wobbling dummy created of hollowed wood. Fists clenched, and eyes narrowed, though filled with determination.
The boy huffed and quickly stepped up, kicking the dummy, making it wobble over to one side, but not falling. Quickly the boy switched the position of his feet and hit it with his fist on the other side. He dodged the dummies wobbles by jumping back, before attacking again.

He glanced over at the other children. They were at least a year younger than him, if not more. To be honest he wasn't that old either, but he did still feel respected among them.
Rolling his eyes, he was about to try again, when he heard whines and yells of protest. They were so loud.

With an irritated grunt, he raised his hand to unleash hell on the dummy, though shut his eyes and tightened his lips when he heard his name being called, and the soft huffs of one of the students running up. "Morro! Hey, Morro!" A girl's cry was heard.
He sighed and stopped, turning over and opening his eyes, watching as the younger girl raced up and stopped in front of him. "What?" He answered, showing his irritation.
"U-um... we kinda accidentally maybe kicked the ball over the dojo wall..." she murmured, fumbling with her hands.
He blinked at her. "Okay, again?" He asked.
The girl looked up to him with big eyes. "Sensei said that if we had a problem we should go to you. Could you get the ball for us?"
"Forget it. I'm busy, go get it yourself." The young Morro crossed his arms and turned his face away, closing his eyes and pushing his nose to the sky.
"Morro."
An older voice got the student's attention as his eyes opened and alert, and his lips parted. He quickly looked over to the person.

It was a man- an adult- maybe in his 20s. He had light blond hair, and a frown upon his face. His hands were behind his back, as he came up behind the little girl.
Morro frowned, and looked up at him, slowly murmuring out. It would be rude to stay silent. "Sensei...." he acknowledged.
The man placed a hand on the girl's shoulder, and looked at him with a calm gaze. "You should be kind to your fellow students," he said softly, "because as you disrespect them, you also disrespect me, and my orders. I did tell them to come to you if something happened, because I thought you were old enough to handle it."
The young boy's fists gently clenched, before releasing. He stepped up with an enlightened spark in his eyes. "But Sensei. If I ever want to be the green ninja..." he gave off a short laugh. "I have to practice. I can't be occupied by such silly things caused by other students!"
The sensei sighed gently, and lowered his eyelids, his eyes still on Morro. A part of him truly did regret telling the boy that he might be destined to be the green ninja. Clearly, Morro has completely ignored the word 'might' and replaced it with 'will'. "Morro, please. It will not take that long. Plus, now I, am asking you to get the ball from the other side of the wall."
"But Sen-" Morro paused in the middle of his words, before sighing, and dropping his head down in defeat. "Yes, Sensei Wu." He murmured and turned away, before starting to make his way to the closed main gates of the dojo.