Chapter 5

You woke up the next day to the morning call for breakfast. The prison was stirring and waking up for a new day.
You heard the faint footsteps of the guard on duty of handing out the breakfast trays.
Slowly rising- since they 'didn't tolerate snoozing all day'- you picked yourself off of your bed and stood, only to hear a clinking noise of something falling.
Looking down, you suddenly remembered what you had seen- or rather- heard last night. You also remembered the strange amulet as it caught your gaze. You must have fallen asleep and not have had the time to put it away somewhere safe.
You picked it up quickly, not wanting anyone seeing it. You took note it was shimmering like before and the stone was still intact somehow. It had it's faint glow still in it.
You swiftly pushed it under your pillow, and looked over to the little window that you shared with Caseem. He needed to give you answers on what the hell that was last night.
Walking over to the window, you called out. "Hey, Caseem!"
No answer.
"Caseem!"
You looked through the tiny window, though you could only see so much in his cell.
The sound of footsteps stopped and a cart's wheels halted. You slowly glanced over to see your breakfast being slid over the ground. The guard gave you a short glance with his usual narrowed eyes, before moving onto the other cell.

As you went to pick up your food, you heard a sudden voice being made from the guard as if it was of confusion, of shock. Of hesitance.
The sudden beep of the radio was heard, and then the officer's voice. "You there?" Another beep was heard.
There was a pause, a beep, and another person's voice coming from the radio. "Yeah what's up." A beep after that.
The officer took a deep breath, before murmuring out. "Floor 3, cell 062C. I think we have a code 9." He beeped out.
Code 9? What the hell was that? Your eyes narrowed as you realized. You were cell 061C. He was talking about Caseem's cell. And he was talking right out of it. Shit.

It turns out Code 9 stood for Jail break.

More people came up quickly as if in a rush and to Caseem's cell, as they murmured and talked to each other, radioing frequently to others.
Caseem was not in his cell. He was gone. There was no trace of him, so you've listened to.
They even asked you questions. But all you could say is that 'you didn't know' and that 'you didn't see anything'. But that was partly true. You had no idea how that could be, but you were almost completely sure that it was linked with last night. You didn't tell the guards about it. It would just cause you more trouble.

At one point though, 3 males came up in different colored outfits. You knew and saw one before. You had a good idea about the others as well. One was in green- which you knew was Lloyd, another in red, and the other in white.
"What do you mean he escaped?" The red one asked with narrowed eyes, before glancing over to Lloyd. "I thought you said they had it under control."
"I thought they did." The green ninja claimed, defending himself.
An old officer which was with them joined in on the conversation. "We thought we did too. This can't be possible. These bars are made from deepstone. There is a sheet of deepstone between the walls, the flooring, and the ceiling. There is no possible way he could have escaped."
"Zane. Anything?" The red one said again with a sigh.
'Zane'- the one in white- didn't answer for a minute as he seemed to scan the area around, especially the cell. He wasn't even human. Made out of some kind of metal or something. You didn't know.
But the white ninja shook his head after a while. "Nothing. PIXAL did not find anything abnormal."
    "God dammit. How did he get out then?" The red muttered.
    "He must have had help from the outside. There is no other solution." Lloyd said with a nod.
    The officer- which was listening- shook his head. "That can't be possible. There are no visitors allowed, and all exits and entrances are guarded."
    The green ninja reassured his stance, examining the place, before turning to the other two ninja. "Whatever. The point is that he got away. He is either headed for Morro and the others or has reunited with them already. We should tell the others, and go back to them."
    The red and white ninja glanced at each other, before slowly nodding. "Alright, fine." The red one said. "Then let's get going."