No Idea

Every time Connor has Brad close to him, his face lights up. His blue eyes shine and the smile on his face is what makes his face light up even more. Sometimes, Brad is too close to Connor and does not realise he takes Connor's breath away.

Connor's friend, James, was holding his girlfriend's, Kirstie, hand in his as they walked towards him who was standing in front of his locker, looking at his right side, without moving because Brad was at his left side.

It was obvious that Connor could not breathe properly 'cause Brad was right next to him. On the other hand, James told Kirstie to wait for him for a couple seconds. James noticed that Connor's face was redder than a tomato. The younger boy was paralysed, unable to move and James came over to try to help him.

"I think you may be less obvious," James whispered in his ear.

"Shut up. I'm fine."

"I had never seen your face this red. Connor this is enough. Talk to Brad and tell him that..."

"Lalalalalalala."

"Okay, I get it. Then..."

James was cut off because Connor bumped into him by someone bumping into him.

"Ouch! Connor, please be more careful." James protested.

"Sorry, it was an accident. I didn't see you. Are you okay? Did I hurt you?" The sweet voice of Brad asked kindly.

"Are you talking to me or him?" James asked.

"I'm talking to him, obviously, not you," Brad said.

"F-Fine. Me fine. N-No worry. All... me... good."

"Weird."

"Wh-What?" Connor asked.

"Stuttering. Experts still don't have an exact answer to what causes it."

"I do know what causes Connor's stuttering." James admitted with a smirk on his face.

"Shut up!" Connor spoke back.

"And your stuttering is gone." James stated.

"Guess, I'll see you later." Brad said goodbye to both of them.

Brad was gone, leaving Connor sad because he always tries to talk to him but he never gets to talk to him for more than one minute. Now that he did, he made a fool of himself in front of the boy he likes.

Connor would do anything to be with Brad and talk to him. Sadly, it seems that Brad and Connor will never be able to have a proper conversation.

-

The distance was the only thing that separated them at this time. Brad was talking with Camille, a classmate, whilst Connor was talking with James.

"Look, Con! Camille is going away. Brad is alone. This is your chance to talk to him."

"Should I go?"

"Go before someone else gets between you two."

"Okay. I'll be right back."

Connor got up from his seat and went to Brad's. Once there, Connor inhaled and exhaled air and spoke to Brad.

"Hello, Brad."

"Oh, hey! Connor, right?"

"Yeah, that's my name. Uhm... maybe we're not friends but I think we could be. You'll see, you seem a kind person and well... I heard others saying that you are a very good person and I thought that maybe it would be good to know you better."

"That's what they say about me?"

"Yeah!"

"We've done projects together before, right?"