Chapter 13

It's not that I didn't want to sleep, I couldn't. I tried counting sheep, Lucy brought me warm milk. No matter what method I tried, I could not do so. I resulted in tossing and turning, eyes wide open. Thoughts and questions flooded my head, from the confusion of the last, few days. Overwhelmed, my breath quickened as I clutched my neck. I couldn't bring myself to breath, the most simple of all things to do. It is almost as if I forgot. I sat up immediately, wild eyes scanning the room. I need fresh air.

I pushed open the door, dashing towards the garden. The sound of my bare feet hitting against the marbled tiles followed behind, as my blonde curls bounced. I did not think, my body took control and lead me. I went down the spiral stairwell onto the first floor. My maids, walking past, looked me with worried eyes, they called after me. Panic in their voices.

I tried pushing open the doors to the gardens, but two guards blocked me. Tears started streaming down my face, I couldn't take it anymore; the overwhelming thoughts and questions, never answered.

"Outside," I panted, the only words that could come out. I am running out of breath, I need to see the stars. I need the pang of fresh air to hit my skin, the sound of rustling trees. I just needed to think, outside.

"Sorry Miss, we cannot do so," they said in unison, with no emotions.

"Outside," I tried again, falling into one of the guard's arms. My body could not take it, I am trembling. I buried my face into the guard's arms, crying.

"Let her go outside," a demanding, masculine voice spoke. I didn't look up and thank him, I collapsed through the open doors, a few steps into the garden. The breath of fresh air hit against my skin, as I felt my breaths slowing down. I closed my eyes, taking in a deep breath. The smell of wild things pacified me. I took one step forward, using all my strength. The more steps I took, the easier it became. I found a nearby bench and sat down. I sat facing the wildlife, back against the palace. My teary eyes looked up into the sky, hoping to see the stars. Disappointed, I didn't see anything. I turned my focused to my painted pale blue toenails, and let my thought trail.

I miss Ma, the old Ma. It kills me wanting to know if she loves me, if she kept her promise. She loves, then she hates. I could see love in her hateful actions, could their be something beneath her guarded face. If she loved, then why did she hurt me? Isn't love supposed to heal and not hurt?

Did she send me here, destined for failure? I want to scream, to express my anger. Instead, it tuned into sadness. I buried my face into my hands and sobbed quietly.

Why did she send me here, helping me? How did she know I got in?

This is the moment when I finally break. Is Ma happy now? All the pressure and hate she has given me, weren't they intended for me to break?

"Greetings, and your name is?" He asked. I forgot that he was here, the one who convince the guards to open the doors.

I didn't look up, I continued to cry. I couldn't stop. My name? Dad had named me, Ma let him. Regardless, they both loved my name. Sara means princess, high of rank. My name didn't define who I was, no one saw me as a princess nor was I high of rank. However, my name inspires me to do better. At least, I knew dad had thought high of me and I was his princess. In fact, I was his princess. He taught me languages and music, he helped me.

A continuation of streams followed.

I miss dad, my own dad whom is buried in the back of Ma's mind, and soil. I miss the one who gave me his last name.

"I am sorry," he added.

I turned my attention to him, my eyes full of anger. I want time alone and the truth. Can't he understand? Can't anyone understand me?

The man that stood in front of me had brown wavy hair, that dangled freely in the air. His chocolate eyes stared at me curiously. He wore a suit, despite the time of the day it is.

What is he doing here?

Anger overtook me and I turned my head to face the other direction, childishly. I studied the trees, illuminated off of the silver-lighted moon. The leaves shuffled from the breeze and movements of birds. As I took in the beautiful scenery, my breath returned to the normal speed.

What other mystery could this world hold, besides a talking clock, candle and teapot? A magical makeover.

The question like the rest, was never answered. Who had magically dressed me that morning, making me feel like the definition of my name? Although they gave, they took; everything magically disappeared. Nothing lasts, not even love.

A tear drop rolled down my cheek, warm from crying. I didn't bother to wipe it away. I could feel the stares of the man, carefully observing me.

"Are you alright?" he asked sensing that I had calmed down.

I nodded my head in response, embarrassed.

"Prince Hari," he stated with a broad smile.

Did he say prince? I had just embarrassed myself in front the person I always dreamed of meeting. His smile widened at my shock.

I stood up immediately and curtsied, which Silvia had taught me earlier to do.

"Sara Aimi," I answered shyly. He bowed in return.

"Beautiful name," he complimented, I could tell that it was sincere. My smile grew wider by the second.

-
Author's Note

Do you think Prince Hari likes Sara?

Thank you for reading this far, it means a lot! Give this chapter a vote if you enjoyed it. Until next time (next Tuesday)!