Chapter 4

I crawled back on to the roof again along with a blanket and pillow, knowing I'll fall asleep. Watching the stars sparkle is a comfort, and the sunrise brings warmth.

The breeze brushed passed my shoulders, I feel as if I'm part of the moment, moving along. My mind drifts like the breeze, to different places. I think I may have heard a "goodnight" sang to me from the flock of birds flying by. The birds had flew in the direction of the moon. I bring my focus to the full moon, is it smiling at me? The mother says goodnight sweetly, smiling. And so, I smiled back.

With the comfort I fall asleep.

The light of the sun rising brings my eyes open, I'm awake. I feel refreshed. For once, I feel hope.

"Nothing changes overnight, but something just changed. I can feel it." I muttered under my breath, amazed.

My eyes glistened with hope and happiness, nothing can fade away the sparkle, not today. I crawled back into my room, blanket trailing behind. I folded my blanket neatly and plopped my pillow on the edge of my bed.

Wait.

Why is my hair curled?

Oh my.

The necklace, the one I made. It hugged my neck perfectly, as if it were a part of me. It's crystals glistened like the spark of my eyes. Instead of complementing my dress, it done so to my eyes.

A dress was fitted on my body. It brought out my curve perfectly, exquisite designs sewn onto the fabric. The fabric fitted tightly in the top. Then, floating away like a cloud below the waist. Pearl earrings were pierced onto my ears, finishing the look, a touch of magic.

I felt angelic, perfect, and a million different words to describe the beautiful self I felt.

Happiness and warmness filled my body, excitement.

"Wow just, wow. Oh my." I whispered to the person in the mirror, smiling.

I tiptoes downstairs, being completely silent. I took the pile of mail needed to be sent, there is no money placed on the counter. Ma and Gabriella will not be having breakfast at home today, which means I'll have no breakfast. I frowned to myself.

I left the house skipping, while swinging the bag of mail back and forth. One of the envelopes have my form.There is a chance, to have everything I've ever wanted.

Finally, I arrived. Their was a long line, I'll be late to cook lunch. I sighed, disappointed. Waiting is all I could do for now, but also dream.

What were all these people waiting in line for?

I later realized that the selection entree form required a photo, which explained why many girls were dressed up. They wanted to look their best, giving them a higher chance to get in. Magically, I was dressed up too, but by whom?

I brushed the thought off, I was next for a photo. I flipped my hair, angled my head towards the camera and straightened my back. Naturally I smiled. The camera flashes, capturing my broad, genuine smile.