Chapter 23♦️Control Freak

Crunching leaves woke me. My vision struggled to focus as the world around me came into view. I felt arms wrapped around me as we traveled through the woods.  It was dark, but I could make out two people in front of me. They were dragging something behind them and grunting with the effort, but neither of them complained.  My eyes adjusted more to the dim light and I recognized the two as Jasper and Octavia. Then it hit me. I remember watching Fin fall of the floor with the grounders knife embedded in his side. I did a mental headcount Jasper, Octavia, and Finn up there meant Bellamy was... I looked up and saw his worried face staring back at me.
"Good, you're awake. How do you feel?" He questioned.
My voice was hoarse, "Every step you take is louder than the drop ship landing and it hurts just as much."
He smiled, "I'm sorry. You hit your head so hard... I was worried it would end up worse than a concussion."
"Besides the headache and bruises I think I'm okay..." he stared at me blankly, "meaning you can put me down now," I whispered the last part awkwardly.
A hint of pink rose behind his freckles as he coughed, "Oh... right, yeah." He set me to the ground gently and kept one hand on my arm for the first few steps. Once he was happy with my stability he let go completely. The few moments of awkward silence that we walked in was too much for me.
"Uh... I think Jasper is struggling a bit. I'll trade him out," I suggested quietly. Bellamy just nodded.

After assuring Jasper multiple times that I was fine, he finally agreed to trade places with me.
"Are you sure you don't want to flirt with your knight in shining armor some more?" he smirked at me. My thoughts traveled to Monty and Jasper's fight about Bellamy's supposed crush on me... he was being ridiculous. The world as we knew it has just changed drastically and here he was thinking about a silly little crush.
I glared at Jasper, "He's no knight and I am no damsel in distress."
"Your red face begs to differ," he laughed as he waltzed past me. I stood stunned for a minute before Octavia snapped me out of my daze.
"You ready?" she raised an eyebrow.
"Oh... yeah, of course."

We walked in silence for a while, Bellamy and Jasper ahead of Octavia, Finn, and myself.
"Why is there so much sexual tension between you and my brother?" She spoke bluntly.
"Uh-I," I stuttered in complete shock. I couldn't tell if I looked like a ghost or a genetically modified tomato from the Arc.
"Please. I see the way you look at each other. And I have never witnessed my brother blush, much less stutter, because of a girl," she smiled.
"Um I-I hadn't really noticed..." I mumbled.
She giggled, pleased with herself, "I won't tell anyone about our little conversation, but between you and me be careful with him. You're too good for his ridiculous date and ditch philosophy and I think you're the only one to break his bad habit."
I scoffed, "No way will I ever be walked over like those girls he hooks up with."
She smiled, "I didn't think so. You know, he refused to let anyone else carry you."
"He was probably just concerned. Plus it makes sense for two of us to carry Finn..."
"Bellamy doesn't get concerned," she cut me off.
I met her shining green eyes, "He does for you."
"We're family. He doesn't have a choice," she grinned. I chuckled before we continued in silence for a few minutes.
"I know we need to save Finn's life and everything, but damn he's heavy," she groaned.
I smiled as best as I could, "Good thing we're almost back."

  True to my word, camp came into sight merely 15 minutes later. We rushed with the gate with our last bits of energy.
  "Clarke!"
  "Open the gates!"
  "We need Clarke!" the four of us shouted to anyone who could hear.  We scrambled through the gates to find a gathering crowd.
Clarke's eyes widened, "Finn... Finn! Oh my god." She touched her fingers to his neck.
"He's alive," she announced. People around us shouted in confusion.
  "Bellamy said not to take the knife out," Jasper whispered.
  "That was smart. Get him to the dropship. Now." she rushed.
  "Can you save him?" Raven questioned Clarke. She looked troubled.
  "I-I... no. Not without my mom. I need her."
"There's still no radio!" Raven fought. I could see the steam coming from their ears.
"If you want him to live we're going to have to fix that. Go." With that Raven disappeared.

The crowd milled around me and my headache worsened. I felt dizzy and grabbed Octavia's arm.
"Woah, Blue. What's happening?" she clutched both of my arms, trying to steady me.
"What happened to her?" Clarke demanded.
"She hit her head on the rocks and was unconscious for a while.." Octavia replied.
"How come you all failed to mention this to me earlier?" Clarke questioned exasperatedly.
I took a deep breath, " it's just a head ache. Probably a minor concussion. I'll be fine for now, go save Finn." Clarke nodded and took off.
"Let's get you somewhere quieter," Octavia urged, wrapping my arm over her shoulders. Someone took hold of my other side to balance my weight.
"Ready?" Bellamy asked. The three of us trudged to a tent set away from the others. Once I was situated under a mountain of blankets, the siblings finally took a step back.
"Let me know if you need anything," Bellamy smiled down at me before stepping out of the tent.
"How about you let us know if you need anything. You see what I mean? He wouldn't let me walk you to a tent by myself," Octavia rolled her eyes.
I laughed, yet even with a pounding headache I could feel my cheeks turn a shade pinker than normal.
"Thank you," was all I said. Octavia smiled at me again before exiting the tent. I heard her and Bellamy begin walking back to the rest of the camp. Before they were out of earshot I could hear them arguing again. Man, what a joy siblings must be.

〰️〰️〰️
guys I am finally back!! I'm so sorry about such a long wait, but this school year has been stressful like no other. I'm still gonna be crazy busy but I'll update when I can. When I finally logged back on the other day I saw an insaneeeeee amount of support for this story!! Thank you to all of you who read, vote, and comment! It means the world to me! Anyway I hope you enjoy and you'll hopefully be hearing from me soon lol.