Chapter 17♦ Angel of Death

He stepped into the fading light and I quickly followed.
"Look who finally showed himself...ah! And with your little trailblazer, I see." Murphy taunted while sauntering toward us.
"Call it off and back down." Bellamy said lowly.
"Or what? You going to hang me or something?" Murphy replied effortlessly.
"I just gave the people what they wanted." He is so stupid. He may as well just kill us and Charlotte now. For a leader, this guy really needs tho learn how to properly handle people.
Murphy paused, "You know what that's a good idea. Let's do that right now. Who wants to see the real murderer hung?" He had turned to the crowd by now, but was evidently disappointed. Only about five people raised their hands...all of them his own brainwashed minions.
"So you can string me up for nothing, but that little bitch just confessed to murder and you all want to let her walk? COWARDS-" he began to scream at the crowd.
"Murphy! It's over." Bellamy shouted, stepping forward until they were nearly face-to-face.
"Whatever you say boss..." muttered Murphy. I didn't buy that for a second. But evidently it was enough for Bellamy, because he turned and began walking back to me. Behind him Murphy was moving again. I could tell what he planned before it happened. He leaned down a plucked a heavy log from the ground.
"Bellamy-" I tried to warn him and rushed forward. I only made it two steps before he collided with the ground. A dull thud rang out. Murphy had landed a decent blow on the side of his head with the rotting log.
"No-" I heard Octavia cry out, but Jasper held her back, thank god. I leaned down to where Bellamy laid, holding in my own anger. He was breathing fine and had a steady pulse, but would wake up with a hell of a headache. I stood again and stared Murphy down.
"I won't be that easy." I spat.
"You don't have to be," he smiled. I. clenched my jaw and prepared for him to swing at me, but he whipped around the opposite direction and punched Jasper in the face. Octavia rushed to her brother. This bastard was going down.
"Let's get the girl." one of Murphy's sidekicks shouted. Two walked straight at me. Big mistake.
"The girl has a name." I growled. I leaped forward, allowing me to bring my foot down in the middle of the first boys chest. This sent him crashing to the ground. I spun around and extended my leg to catch the other, but he was more prepared. He dodged my first blow by throwing himself to the ground. I jabbed my elbow against his temple before he could even stand, causing him to crumple to the ground. I whipped around to face Murphy with my blood pumping. But he wasn't where I was expecting him... instead, three boys loomed over me. I couldn't take three prepared people at once. It was simply too many. I carefully trod backwards a step, but they caught me by the arms.
Murphy waltzed up to me triumphantly, "Impressive, but not that impressive. Better luck next time." I glared up at him with the iciest look I could manage. He spun away from me and nearly ripped the tent flap open. To his surprise, and my relief, it was empty.

Rage was etched across his face.
"Charlotte! I know you can hear me! When I find you, you will pay!" he roared.
"She couldn't have gotten that far." a guy to my left spoke up.
"Let's go get her, then." Murphy replied in the most eerily calm voice. It was like his previous outburst never occurred.
"Leave her." he said pointing to me. They obeyed. Murphy grouped his small party together and gathered torches. He and about five others marched out of camp. They were on the hunt for a thirteen- year-old girl.

I stumbled over to where Octavia was crouched next to an unconscious Bellamy. He groaned gruffley and propped himself up on his elbows.
"That son of a bitch." he grumbled.
"Good, you're awake. We need to get moving... Murphy won't stop until he finds her, so we need to get her first." I rushed.
He looked up at me and nodded, "We will leave as soon as I can get up without throwing up. The rest of you are staying. No one else leaves this camp." Octavia locked her jaw and stared at the ground.
"Hey, would you mind helping Monty with Jasper? I think he could use it..." She stood and stalked away from me, toward where Jasper was sprawled on the ground.