Chapter 6♦ Back in Time

The next day I sat under a tree writing in my notebook while Wells dug graves for the dead. His bracelet was missing, so I'm guessing that's what happened last night. He stood up and streched before shrugging on his jacket, obviously done.
"Let's go." I stood up and closed my notebook as we trudged back camp.

The mount weather group should be back today, so I can finally get away from Wells. He is nice...but can be a bit of a downer. A group of rowdy boys raced past us, one almost knocking me over. I regained my balance and we continued to the drop ship.

"Where'd you get the clothes?" a boy named Atom asked Wells.
"The two kids who died during landing." Wells replied simply. Bellamy walzed out from behind the drop ships curtain with a tan girl following him around like a lost puppy. He kissed her before she trotted off. I rolled my eyes, what a pig. Then I noticed he was shirtless...I refused to let myself stare, but damn he was fit. I felt my face flush and struggled to keep my cool. When I tuned back into the present, he and Wells were fighting over the clothes Wells had scavenged.
"Is this what you want, chaos?" Wells demanded when kids in the background began to fight like rabid animals over the clothing.
"What's wrong with a little chaos?" Bellamy replied smugly.
A scream echoed through the camp, interrupting our conversation. All 3 of us immediately ran to the struggled noises and Bellamy threw his shirt over his head. We arrived at the campfire to see Murphy holding a girl with a beanie over the fire. He practically prides himself at the girls obvious pain and explained his idea of making her suffer before removing her bracelet. Wells pushed past me, "Wells, wait, don't." I urgently whispered, trying to hold him back. He rushed forward anyway and shoved Murphy backwards off the girl. Bellamy came to a stop next to me and watched the scene unfold emotionless.
Wells turned to him, "You can stop this."
"Stop this? I'm just getting started" was Bellamy's reply with his signature smirk. Wells was about to reply, but before he uttered a word Murphy came flying at him and punched him square in the jaw. They began throwing punches and kicks at each other. I can usually handle some fighting, but the memories came flooding back.

"You're a worthless whore." my dad's voice was laced with venom, "you killed your mom." I could smell the alcohol on his breath as he stalked closer to me. Tears cascade down my face as I awaited my punishment. "They should float you for what you did! Everyone hates you anyway!" he screeched. The beer bottle left his hand as it flew at me and I ducked to avoid it. It broke above my head, causing shattered glass to rain down over my exposed skin. "COWARD!" he yelled again and words continued to spill from his mouth, "worthless, rude, murderer, slut, bitch," the list kept going. He punched and kicked and slapped me between every word. My face was drowning with tears and my body aches. I heard him stumble to his room, satisfied with his work. I crawled painfully to my knees. I clutched the wall for support and winced when I stumbled to my feet. I forced myself to my own room, leaving a trail of scarlet behind.

I looked up to Bellamy, "Please make them stop." I pleaded. He just returned eye contact and shook his head sadly, before going back to watching the fight. They both had knives now. Wells's sleeve was cut, but he used a move to get Murphy trapped with a knife at his throat.

"Wells, let him go" Clarke commanded as she moved through the sea of people. She had appeared out of nowhere with Finn at her side. Wells threw Murphy to the ground.
"Octavia!" Bellamy yelled concerned when he saw her limping with Monty supporting her. I moved swiftly to Clarke, "I'm sorry, I couldn't stop him, he wouldn't listen."
"Don't worry about it. He tends to do that." I signed in relief, at least she wasn't mad. I jogged to Monty who sat breathless. I pulled him into a hug, "Thank god you're okay. Where's Jasper?" Monty stared at the ground. At first I was just confused...then a mix of desperation and anger washed over me.
I whirled around to Finn and Clarke, "Where is Jasper?"
"He was taken...by grounders." Finn's reply was grim.

Can you believe that this is the first chapter from ep 2? The first 5 are still ep 1... So there is a flashback in this chapter. Blue kind of gives you some background on her past life. Don't worry, though, this isn't going to be some sappy story about Bellamy "saving" her or her being weak. Blue is a strong, independent character and her true colors will begin to show throughout the story!