Chapter 20♦ Above the Stars

We had a group of about fifteen searching the shallow stream for the radio. I glanced toward where Bellamy was crouched on the bank to find him watching me. He shifted his gaze over his shoulder before making eye contact with me again.
"Shouldn't you be looking for the radio and not at me?" I called out to him. Just then a kid behind me yelled that he had found it.
Bellamy stood, "No.  Well, not anymore." The girl, Raven I had discovered, rushed to grab the radio before Clarke, Finn, Bellamy, and I joined her.
"Can you fix it?" Clarke questioned impatiently.
"Possibly. It will take at least half a day to dry out and find what's broken," she mummbled.
"I told you, it's too late," Bellamy cut in.
Clarke marched up to him,"Do you even care what you did?"
"You wanted my help and I helped," Bellamy replied shortly.
"Three hundred people are about to die because of you!" she yelled exasperated.
"Wait," Raven began, "We don't have to talk to the Ark, they just need to know that we are down here right?"
"Yeah, but how do we do that?" Finn added.
Raven smiled, "We can make flares and launch them so that the Ark catches sight of them."
Clarke nodded, "That could work, but we need to do it now. Put us to work."

Soon we had the majority of the camp hauling machine parts through the woods and helping assemble different peices. I was currently walking an armful of cables back to camp, followed by an assortment of others with their own assignments. We worked diligently for hours, lugging things back-and-forth as Raven directed.

The sun was now setting and everyone was scurrying around for last minute adjustments. We loaded the flares and grouped together behind the launch area. Finally they were sent off into the night with a glowing purple and red hue. I craned my neck up to watch them grow fainter amongst the stars. Bellamy appeared by my side as we watched hopefully together.
"Think they can see them?" he asked me.
"I hope so. I'd hate to think what happens if they don't," I sighed, "Did you ever get to study old myths?"
"That's random. But I don't think I took that course, no."
"That's a shame. It was my favorite class."
"What was your favorite lesson?"
"Well some people would classify each other into Zodiac Signs by different reasons. Most of them just went by your birthday. There are twelve Signs divided into the months and they have constellations with their specific symbol. Personality played a big factor between the signs and their daily lives and compatibility with eachother," I explained.
"That sounds like bullshit."
I chuckled, "Yeah, everyone says that. Maybe it is, and maybe it isnt. So when is your birthday?"
He raised an eyebrow and glanced at me sideways, "You're serious?"
"Yes." I nodded
"August second," he sighed.
I started laughing, "That matches so well, oh my god it all makes sense now."
"What? Why is it funny?" he demanded.
"You're a Leo. Your sign is a born leader and very, um, attention-loving," I breathed out.
He looked at me in disbelief, "Are you calling me an attention-whore?"
"Not directly, very discreetly, though."
"Okay smart ass. What sign are you?" he challenged.
"I'm a Libra."
"What are they like?"
"Gracious, fair, and charming."
"No way. I'm the attention-whore and you're the charming one?"
I laughed, "Well I'm also idecisive and hold grudges..."
"Okay. That's a little better," he said lightly, "You said they deal with compatibility right?"
"Yeah. Some signs clash and some signs work well together."
"Are ours compatible?"
I consider the question for a moment before speaking carefully, "Well it's on the upper end of average. Like a 75% type of deal."
"Really? I think we are a lot more compatible than that," he defended.
I laughed, "You're the one who claimed it was bullshit."
He smiled, "I did say that didn't I? Well I was right. I think we could easily be the best Leo and Libra combination."
"If I'm not mistaken I think that could be a challenge," I spoke as I stated up at him in the starlight.
"Good thing you aren't mistaken." He met my eyes for the briefest moment before a voice startled us both.
"Glad you two are nice and comfartable. I think it's time everyone turns in for the night. All we can do now is wait," Clarke spoke pointedly. We nodded as she spun on her heel and strutted away. That girl is always on a mission I swear.
Bellamy coughed awkwardly, "I'll see you later then."
"Uh, yeah. See you," with that we parted ways.

As I was walking toward the tents two people appeared on either side of me and looped their arms in mine. I jumped in surprised as glanced up to find Jasper and Monty staring at me.
"I swear to god you guys just gave me a heart-attack," I chuckled.
"You're the one giving us a heart-attack. You were actually talking to a human that wasn't us and it didn't look like it was going downhill like usual!" Jasper exclaimed excitedly.
"It almost seemed like, no I don't believe it..." Monty spoke exaggeratedly.
"What? I demanded, confused.
"Were you, Blue Emelia Woods, flirting with BellamyBlake?"
I choked on my on saliva. Smooth. "What are you talking about? No. We were talking about our Zodiac Signs."
"Uh-huh. I don't think Bellamy as thinking about that. All he cared about was whether or not you would tolerate him long enough to date him," Monty rushed.
I felt myself go slightly pink, "Well that's not where I was going with the conversation."
"Are you blushing? Oh my god, Monty she's blushing. By the way, I think Bellamy was staring at you when you weren't looking a little too much to just want to be your friend," Jasper jumped in.
"You guys are the worst."
"What would you do without us? You're practically blind and need us to guide you," Monty spoke with Jaspers insistent agreement.
I sighed, "Nice chat guys, I'm gonna go to bed now."
"You can't avoid this topic forever."
"I can try really hard, though," I smirked, "Goodnight guys."

I continued on my way towards the tents. I really hadn't had the luxury of staying in a tent. Usually I slept outside to allow for others to sleep inside, but tonight I was determined to find an empty tent to claim. I walked between the few rows of scattered shelters, searching for an unoccupied one. As I was distracted, I didn't realise Bellamy was right next to me until he began speaking faster than I thought possible.
"Have you seen Octavia?" His eyes were side and he landed in between words.
"Not recently. She has to be sound here somewhere, though, right?" I reasoned.
He shook his head, "I've checked the camp. She isn't here."
"I'll check the drop ship. You double check all the tents. Okay?"
"Okay. Thank you." I nodded and we parted ways.

Twenty minutes passed before I exited the drop ship. Searching for Bellamy wasn't hard, just follow the angry shouts of people as their privacy went from 100 to 0 very quickly.
"No luck?" he questioned worriedly. I shook my head. A frustrated sigh escaped his lips as he ran his hand through his hair.
"We can find her. Let's gather everyone up at the fire and explain the situation. That way we can figure out what to do," I suggested.

"Listen up everyone. My sister has been missing for twelve hours. Grab a weapon and prepareyourselves, we aren't coming back without her," Bellamy shouted at the sea of teenagers. Murmers went through the crowd as people filtered around a bag filled with a random assortment of homemade knives, bars of metal, and tools. The torch in Bellamy's hand caused shadows to stream across his features, giving him a haunted appearance as he stated through the people. But I couldn't tell if it was the fire or thought of his missing sister that caused the ghostly expression.

Omg it's been waaayy too long since I updated. I'm really sorry guys, I've been so busy and haven't had much time to write anything. I literally typed almost all of this today and changed half of it from what I originally wrote. I'm also insanely excited for the next chapters and have some plans for them lol. Thank you to all the lovely peopl who add my story to their reading lists, vote, and I've even gotten some comments saying they are excited for updates and Imma just tell you now it makes my day! y'all are the best, enjoy! (Btw if you happen to be curious I'm actually a pisces)