17 | tick tock

17 | TICK TOCK

24 hours before Klaus's infidelity

The air had a sweet tinge to it and the sun was particularly bright on that very day. Anastázia was happily getting her monthly manicure and pedicure when she received a strange text from a strange woman she had only seen once before.

Stas looked down at her bright screen and read the message. "1440 Jasmine Drive, APT #1202, New Orleans, Louisiana. Now. - Cami..." She read aloud. The message was strangely giving Stas a vibe as a cry for help. Stas wasn't entirely sure how Camille, Niklaus' ex-lover, had gotten her number nor why she would call her out of all of her known siblings... but, Stas, with her newfound loyalty, felt the need to help her.

* * *

Anastázia found herself staring at Camille and Lucien after she had busted into the apartment Cami had sent her the address to. The three were all quite calm, despite the strange sense of urgency the message had. Stas looked around and eyed each person carefully, regaining her posture, for she had just broken down two perfect doors to enter the home spontaneously. "Someone called for me?" Stas feigned a chuckle to keep from looking like a fool for breaking down the doors to someone's apartment for no reason.

"I see you received my- excuse me, Camille's message." Lucien smiled devilishly at Stas.

Stas knitted her brows together in confusion. "You sent that text?" Stas scoffed.

Lucien shrugged and smile. "Why did you call me here?" Anastázia inquired.

"Because, Anastázia, you are far too difficult to capture unlike Miss Camille here," Lucien then proceed to life up a glass of an orange liquid, "mimosa?" He offered to the two girls.

"I only drink with friends, and unless this isn't abundantly clear, I don't like you." Camille growled at Lucien, her face rigid.

Stas stifled a cough, and slowly turned to begin to leave the strange situation. However, before she could even take one step towards the door, Lucien sped in front of her to stop her from leaving. "Later on, I hope you'll remember this all could've gone so much easier." Lucien told Cami and Stas.

Stas looked up at Lucien challengingly. "Later on, I hope you realize that you chose the wrong Mikaelson to call." Stas scoffed, crossing her arms fiercely.

Lucien smirked down at Anastázia and began to hum approvingly. "Detective Kinney, come on in and start cutting up the mirepoix." Lucien called out to someone.

Instantly, a reasonably dressed man appeared from a concealed room and carried in a wooden cutting board with ingredients laid out on it. "You compelled him?" Camille spat at Lucien, for she had recognized the man.

"What the hell is going on?" The detective asked frantically as he continued to walk without autonomy.

Lucien waved him off. "Why don't you focus on the cutting? We don't want you to lose any fingers while we talk... Did you know that Will's mother's side is full of chefs? He's going to make us his grandmother's grillades and grits." Lucien told as he place his hand on the small of Stas' back and led her over to his table.