1 | prologue

1 | PROLOGUE

Anastázia grew up innocent and care-free

Anastázia grew up innocent and care-free. Mostly, when she was young, all she dreamt about was finding her true love and having children of her own. She would spend hours bathing in the sunshine, fantasizing about how she would plan her wedding and build her own extravagant home.

Anastázia was treated like royalty compared to her other siblings, however, she never knew why. She never cared much for her brothers. Nevertheless, Anastázia always blowed off the special treatment as family love.

However, what she didn't know was that it was her twin, Niklaus, demanded the other brothers to treat Anastázia like a queen. Niklaus was always glued to Anastázia. They were twins, and their bond was strong. Niklaus always envied others when Anastázia, mindlessly, would make new friends.

After Niklaus became a wolf, Anastázia was afraid and angry. Their "father", Mikael, despised the twins, calling them "abominations" and "beasts" and "bastards." Anastázia blamed the hatred that swarmed the family on Niklaus. She never spoke to her brother again... well, not until she became a wolf too.

Despite the fact that Anastázia became the creature when she attempted to protect her young sister, Rebekah, no one ever looked upon her as the gentle Stas anymore. Anastázia despised being the freak of the Mikaelson family. It irritated her the way her siblings looked upon her in fear.

When the family became vampires, the fear in Anastázia's siblings' eyes did not disappear. She couldn't take it anymore, so she fled. The Mikaelson family never heard of Anastázia again.