5 | wolfsbane

5 | WOLFSBANE

Michelle carefully coated her nails with nail polish as she watched Stas coil her hair with a curling wand

Michelle carefully coated her nails with nail polish as she watched Stas coil her hair with a curling wand. The two were silent, for they were too concentrated on their prestigious work to converse with one another.

However, their peaceful silence was broken when the loud clack clack clack of a woman's heels and her voice echoed throughout the house. "Klaus?" The woman called. Stas shot her head up and narrowed her eyes.

"Who could that be?" Michelle whispered.

Stas rolled her eyes and turned to face Michelle. "Go find out." She ordered. Michelle grudgingly complied and exited the room, and stood on the indoor balcony.

Michelle's eyes quickly scanned over the room and stopped when they reached the face of a blonde. "Who are you?" Michelle instantaneously hissed.

"Cami, and you?" The blonde crossed her arms. Michelle mimicked her action.

"Michelle Dubois." She huffed. Suddenly, a whoosh of air occurred behind Michelle. Michelle's throat clenched and she inhaled sharply, knowing who it was.

"Leave." Klaus growled lowly in Michelle's ear, sending cold shivers down her spine. Michelle subliminally began to go for Stas's room again, but stopped when she realized: she was being treated like trash by this family.

"No." Michelle stated, rebelliously.

"Go, before I rip your throat out." Klaus grumbled.

Michelle raised a brow in shock, nonetheless stood her ground. Klaus stepped closer. "Michelle, go!" He shouted. Michelle flinched for a quick moment and stepped back a bit, yet she continued to stay where she was.

Klaus' face hardened. "Camille, please excuse us." He said right before he threw Michelle over his shoulder and vamp-sped into his room. He threw Michelle on the ground forcefully.

"What is wrong with you?!" Michelle yelped as she rubbed her head.

"You show up to my home with my sister after what you did to me, and you have the audacity to ask me what is wrong with me?" Klaus shouted.

Michelle stood up wearily and remained silent. "Did you even mean any of it? Or was it all just an act?" Klaus asked, hot-headily, grabbing her arms roughly.

Michelle was taken aback. "You think loving you was a facade?! Klaus, I loved you— hell, I still love you, and because of the bitch you call a sister, I had to throw it all away!" Michelle screamed. Klaus searched her eyes to find any falter in her truthfulness.

Klaus looked down at his feet, ashamed of the way he had bursted into flames in front of the woman he knew was his one and only true love of his eternal life. "I—I'm sorry, Michelle. You broke my heart when you left." Klaus said quietly. He was only soft and vulnerable around her, quite a shock, yes, but she made him feel things that he didn't understand nor knew how to deal with.

"Hey, hey, hey," Michelle raised his chin so that he would look at her, "none of that matters now that you know the truth." Michelle stepped closer. Heat seemed to radiate more and more the closer they got to each other, and soft shocks of electricity went off when Michelle touched Klaus' soft face.

She carefully wrapped her arms around him and breathed deeply, enjoying his soft scent of peppermint and cologne. She enjoyed the warmth and protection his body gave to her as he wrapped his arms around her small frame.

* * *

Anastázia sat, quietly observing her two brothers hurriedly rush into the dining hall. "We have the Guerreras right where we want them. We have them waiting and worried. And now we know they're an army with no defenses against an Original." Klaus seemed to itch with the desire to defeat these pesky wolves whom have been drawing from Klaus's power every full moon.

"We don't know that!" Elijah butt in, being his usual realist self.

"I'm willing to gamble." Klaus retorted, being his usual risk-taker self.

"It's too risky. The stake didn't just disappear, someone has it." Elijah noted.

Klaus groaned. "One enemy at a time. In the end, we will slay them all." He proudly and elegantly sat down next to Stas.

"Tonight, we just have to plant the right seeds. And for that, we need help." Niklaus mumbled, then looked at Stas, non-verbally asking for her assistance.

Stas raised her eyebrows. "Me?"

"You would be the perfect distraction. The Guerreras don't even know you exist." Elijah supported Klaus's idea.

Stas nodded slowly, indicating that she wanted them to speak more before she made any decision. "Stas, we are family. Always and Forever, remember?" Klaus said.

"Are you really bringing up a promise we made to each other as children as an excuse?" Stas scoffed.

"Sister, that promise is no longer one that we made to one another, it is now a promise that the entire family decided to uphold since you left." Klaus stated. Stas huffed.

"Fine, what do I have to do?"

* * *

Elijah and Klaus told Stas exactly what to do, and she was ready... waiting for the wolves they had lured to arrive. She paced back and forth, tapping her clipboard. It had been so long since she had fought enemies face to face, she had grown anxious. The adrenaline that came after the fight was amazing, but the guilt that came wouldn't feel so great.

As had been told before, Stas had vowed to never kill another being in her life. Despite her unique demeanor, she hated taking lives. She knew it wasn't her job to decide who was to live or die, but when push comes to shove, bringing death upon others would have to become a necessity.

Suddenly, Stas was pulled from her thoughts when a gang of werewolves entered the abandoned building. She quickly reached for her acting skills and began her procedure. "Oh, hi there!" She said perkily. The group shot their eyes over to her. They all remained silent, unsure of who she was.

"You're just in time! I was about to test out these newly installed sprinklers, we are conserving 10 percent more water by using an herb in the system." Stas smiled widely. As if on cue, the doors behind the wolves made a click sound, as if it was locked. Yet, no one seemed to notice it.

The group cocked their head in confusion at Stas. "Who are y—" one of them began, but was interrupted by the commencement of the sprinkler system.

Water shot out everywhere, and with every drop that touched a wolf, a howl and a sizzle would erupt into the room. "Oh no! I forgot to ask... is anyone here allergic to wolfsbane?" Stas snickered. The wolves all screamed in pain and Stas took their weakness as an advantage.

She pulled out a small knife that was concealed in her pocket, and she cut off a hand of every wolf in that room that had a ring on, returning power to her brother with every removed ring.