15 | what did i do

15 | WHAT DID I DO

Anastázia held Belle close to her chest as she descended the stairs to the main area of the Mikaelson compound

Anastázia held Belle close to her chest as she descended the stairs to the main area of the Mikaelson compound. She hadn't let go of Belle the entire day. She was absolutely melting over her perfect niece.

Klaus was laying, sprawled out, on of the chairs when he spotted Stas nearing him. He quickly shot her a kind smile, then sat up straight. "I see you've grown quite fond of her." Klaus mentioned.

"Of course, she's my niece." Stas rolled her eyes.

"But, you were never so close with Hope..." He added.

Stas furrowed her brows and shot him a look of distaste. "Because when I first arrived, you were hiding Hope." Stas excused.

Klaus clicked his tongue in disagreement. "I think... it's because she's Michelle's child." Klaus stated.

Stas scoffed. "Don't be ridiculous."

Klaus shook his head. "I think it's because you see yourself in Michelle. I think... it's because you care for Michelle, like a sister." Klaus narrowed his eyes at Stas to analyze her.

Stas shifted her weight on her feet. "She is my sister. And of course I care for her, she's the mother of my twin brother's child. Now, could we please stop talking about this annoying subjects and speak about more pressing matters, such as... did you find out what the weapon that'll 'destroy us all'?" Stas hastily switched the subject.

Klaus shook his head, annoyedly. "The girl that was to tell us about the weapon was poisoned." Klaus informed.

"Then I guess that calls for plan B..." Stas sighed, readjusting Belle on her hip.

Klaus scrunched up his face in confusion. "What is plan B?" He asked.

"I stay with my family, permanently this time. Like I used to always promise, for always and forever. No leaving this time... ever." Stas nodded assuringly at her brother.

* * *

Michelle stood in the common area of the compound in shock. Tears pricked her eyes as she stood shaking. A young woman had just delivered a bed of lavender flowers and a letter, then proceeded to slit her wrists. Michelle tried everything she could to stop the innocent girl from killing herself, but she couldn't. The girl must've been compelled for she bled out without crying.

Suddenly, two voices could be heard echoing through the house. Michelle recognized it as Klaus and Elijah, so she remained where she was... standing, crying and staring down at the poor girl's body. As soon as Elijah and Klaus round the corner and saw the terrible scene, they rushed over and investigated more. Elijah snatched up the letter and Klaus hugged Michelle, shielding her face from having to look at the event.

"Roses are red, lavender is blue. Come find me before I find you." Elijah read out the words that were neatly written in the card.

Klaus, still holding Michelle in his arms, looked down at the sight with a dark and angry look spread across his face. "Who did this?" Michelle barely managed to squeak out from the safety of Klaus' arms.

"Aurora." He growled.

* * *

Klaus quickly sent Michelle away to keep her from having to witness the tragic scene anymore and called for Anastázia to join them. He briefly explained to Stas who Aurora was (an ex lover of his and Tristan de Martel's sister) and why she would possibly do such a thing (jealousy, or maybe rage from still being heartbroken).

"I do remember her being a better poet." Klaus noted as he scanned the letter that was stained with blood and Aurora's curly penmanship.

Elijah, who was checking the young girl's (who delivered the message) nonexistent pulse, pitched in. "Oh, I wouldn't say that this in lacking in poetry." He snorted.

"I'd like to say I'm this evil, but I don't like murdering people. However, I do fancy some torture—" Stas began to ramble as she observed the homicidal scene. She realized how different her style was compared to other, generic vampires were.

Anastázia loved to trick and torture others, but would never even kill a fly. She hated being seen as a beast, but also hated being seen as innocent and kind. Stas still was finding her way and discovering herself, and she respected those that lived to kill, but she would never lose dignity by murdering... especially innocents.

"We get it, Stas." Elijah cut Anastázia off before she began to make everything about herself, as she usually did. Stas gulped and bit her tongue, taking a mental note that she needed to work on note speaking about herself so much. Although, it wasn't quite her fault... narcissism ran in the family.

"She wants us to find her. So let's." Klaus spoke, then rapidly spun around and began to leave.

Elijah stopped investigating the poor dead girl. "Are you so eager, Niklaus?" Elijah mentioned.

Klaus stopped in his tracks and huffed. "Last time you even said her name was 1,000 years ago, when you told me never to speak it again in your presence." Elijah stated. Stas raised her brows and crossed her arms, loving to hear the drama.

Klaus slowly turned around from where he was and eyeballed Elijah. "So I am to wait as she leaves her little calling cards all over my home?" Klaus rose his voice.

Stas looked back at Elijah to see what he would say, she was quite entertained may I add. "There's something you should know. When mother seized control of my mind, unleashing those monstrosities that lurk behind the Red Door, I saw something. Aurora was there." Elijah stood up, beginning to approach Klaus.

Stas stayed where she watched and waited for all the tea to spill to begin saying something. "If you mean to confess a thousand year old secret that will divide us after our hard won reconciliation, then te absolvo, brother. There is nothing you could have done involving her that would be worse than what she did to me." Klaus growled.

"Please, don't dismiss this—" Elijah began.

"Whatever it is, it can wait! We have a plate of here and now problems and I mean to clear it! If it make you fell any better, we can kill aurora together. Then neither of us need okay her little mind games ever again. Hm?" Klaus exclaimed then stomped out of the house.

"Woah." Stas snickered, mocking their little argument.

Elijah shot his head around and sent Stas a dirty look. "You don't even know the half of it." He said angrily then stamped out of the room too.

Stas threw her arms up in the air. "What the hell did I do?" She sighed exasperatedly.