2

Jihyun's POV

I grabbed my bag pack as I walked out of the classroom in a hurry. My work shift starts in an hour and it took exactly an hour to reach there.

" Hey , " I looked up and saw the group of girls that are from my class standing in front of me.

" Soyeon lost her lip tint , I think that you should do the right thing and return it back to her. " The one with a lollipop in her mouth said.

" I didn't take it. " I was about to walk away when one of them grabbed my bag pack , which led to me unable to leave.

" Your the only one in class at that time. " I sighed as I took my bag pack and threw it at them.

" Do you want to check it ? "

One of them asked another student to open my bag because apparently , my bag stinks and it's contaminated with a substance that only exists in my bag known as bacteria.

" I'm pretty sure she stole it. " Soyeon said as she glared at me with those huge pair of eyes.

After they are done with the thorough check , I grabbed my bag pack and left while they are still saying that I'm the thief.

I looked over at my watch and realised that I'm late for work.

I ran to the fast food restaurant since I worked there and I changed into the outfit provided by the store. The place that i'm working at is a fried chicken store and the bosses there are extremely kind.

They would give me free chicken and sometimes drinks too.

" Sorry I'm late ! " I said as I ran in the store.

" It's okay , It's not lunch hour now anyway. " The boss whom I called , Uncle Young said. He is basically a father figure for everyone working in the store.

I quickly changed into my outfit and went out to the counter.

Minutes went by and soon customers started flooding in as the time reached 3pm in the afternoon.

" Isn't that Trash girl from our school ? "

I heard someone said and I looked up to see two male students , from my school looking at me in a disgusted look.

" Excuse me , If your going to be rude , I'm not going to serve you any chicken. " Uncle Young said as he stood by the counter.

The boys quietened down as Uncle Young asked me to fry the chicken instead.

" I heard what happened back there , just ignore them. Those kids could say whatever they want to , but we all know who is right. " I smiled.

Nayeon , a middle aged lady that works at the fried chicken restaurant said. She's in her 20s and she's really diligent.

She has been working for Uncle Young for about 3 years now and I heard that she came in without a place to stay.

" I used to be in your position when my parents passed away , kids made jokes about how I looked and smelled but I ignored them all. " She said as she turned on the water.

" Kids might be teasing you right now but what you should really care about isn't their teases , but about what kind of person you are. " She patted my back.

I would often feel comforted whenever I came to work , it felt like home. Everyone here seemed to welcome me unlike everyone in school.

I placed the raw chicken into the grill as I lowered it into the hot oil. The once raw chicken got fried and I removed it from the heat.

I looked over at my watch as it reads , 5:25pm.

Just an hour more till I end my work shift.

" Uncle Young ! " I heard a familiar voice screamed as he entered the store with a smile.

" Oppa ! " I screamed as I saw that familiar figure that all of us working in the chicken store missed.

Yoon Sangho.

To tell you more about Sangho , he came to the store with zero experience about life. He was an adopted child but his foster parents decided to abandon him so he have to be his own parents.

Life didn't go well for him either.

He worked for the Chicken store and he burnt his hands thousands of times but he didn't give up. He chose to continue and now , he is working for a popular Instant noodle company.

I heard from Uncle Young that he has always been into food things and he is the one that came out with all the different sauces.

Sangho didn't want to leave the Chicken Restaurant since he felt like he owe Uncle Young something but Uncle Young forced him to join the company because they approached him themselves and they are one of the biggest instant noodle manufacturers in Korea.

" My little Broccoli ! " He screamed as he saw me. He called me a Broccoli because he was always the one that counsel me when i'm upset and he said that he could see potential in me.

" Broccoli are beautiful but not many people sees it in that way. "

He told me a fact that I didn't know about Broccoli.

Did you know that Broccoli are actually flowers ?

Many people thinks that it's the ugliest flower in the world , but Sangho thinks otherwise. He said that Broccoli are good for health and they are pretty in their own ways.

Since then , He has always called me Little Broccoli.

" I bought you guys Some Instant noodles ! " He screamed as he took out a huge bag filled with instant noodles of different flavours.

" Are you trying to get all of us killed ? " Uncle Young screamed at him jokingly.

" Don't eat it too often , you have fresh chicken here for you everyday ! " We burst into laughter as Uncle Young went to deep fry more Chicken for all of us to share.

" So how is work ? " I asked Sangho and he just shrugged.

" It's still the same , people underestimated me but I don't really mind. " He chuckled before giving me a thumbs up sign.

" Junhyung-ah ! " He greeted another student that is working here , his two years older than me and his really talented too.

" Hyung , Did you get what I wanted ? " Sangho nods and his face lit up as he took over a huge bag filled with medication.

Junhyung's mom got sick earlier last year and since then , he has been trying to raise funds to pay for his mother's hospital bills.

In the chicken restaurant , all of us are accepted because we had family problems. Most Stores out there checked on your knowledge and everything but Uncle Young thinks that it doesn't matter.

He taught me a valuable lesson.

It's okay to be different.

4th July 2017

Rest In peace Dongho's Father.

Let's all just pray for Dongho and his family.

#Staystrongdongho